Director, Consulting Projects
Position: Director, Consulting Projects
Department: Consulting / Business Consulting Group / Consulting Projects
Reports to: Senior Director, Consulting Projects
Type: Full-time, work from home
Compensation: $85,000 to $115,000
Open through: May 14, 2021 at 6PM, Eastern Time
Tessitura Network, the leading provider of technology and services to over 700 of the world’s premiere arts and cultural organizations, is seeking a Director of Consulting Projects. This position is part of our Business Consulting Group, whose aim is to advance the business of arts and culture for current and prospective Tessitura members through onboarding and consulting projects that align their business with a holistic use of our technologies.
Directors are responsible for a team of three to five consultants and have senior consulting and oversight roles with respect to the Tessitura Network member organizations we serve. A successful director will provide excellent service to our members and ensure their needs are met, goals are attained, and satisfaction levels are exceeded. Member retention and growth are a main focus, along with identifying new consulting opportunities. Ideal candidates are leaders who can drive results and act as the bridge between business needs and technology capabilities. Critical to this role is the ability to influence senior leaders by creating thought-provoking analyses and recommendations. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about advancing the business of arts and culture through technology.
Director of Consulting Projects Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day activities and performance of team members under direct supervision, including onboarding, ongoing training and education, career development, coaching, and reviews.
- Act as delivery manager for projects lead by team members under direct supervision, with a focus on delivering high quality results on time, on budget, and to the satisfaction of our members.
- Deliver value and impact through the design and execution of consulting projects that will be embraced and adopted by the organizations we serve.
- Quickly and successfully understand business problems, evaluate options, craft solutions, and partner with members to put solutions into action.
- Be an expert on our technologies, their capabilities, associated workflows, and value provided.
- Project, track, and own key project and team success metrics.
- Serve as business owner for specific Tessitura technology (e.g., Tessitura Analytics, TN Express Web, etc.), working closely with product owners to assess opportunities by defining the problem to be solved and measures of success, as well as assist with stakeholder management within the consulting department.
- Support member community and conference activities, including planning, preparation, and presentation.
- Achieve allocated to actual hours goal each month and submit hours and reimbursable expenses in a timely manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- 7-10 years of experience, including 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Leader with prior management experience who can teach necessary skills to direct reports
- Experience engaging and influencing senior leaders, including VP and C-level executives
- Depth of understanding of the business of arts and culture organizations and leading result‐oriented projects in a fast‐paced environment
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation, relationship building, and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set and meet timelines
- Aptitude to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly
- Proficient with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Tessitura technologies
- Experience in the arts and culture industry
How to Apply
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, culture, director, and management. States: Texas.
Please Share the Director, Consulting Projects job: