Full-Time Digital Content Manager
The Whitney Museum of American Art seeks a digital content manager to join their Digital Content team.
This is a full-time temporary position through June 30, 2021.
The incumbent will be working remotely.
- Oversee digital content production, manage production calendar, and act as primary liaison with key Museum stakeholders
- Gather, organize, proof, and manage all digital assets for the museum’s digital platforms
- Develop and manage timelines for timely, accurate content updates to the Museum’s website and signage via the Museum’s content management system, including frequently updated calendar and exhibition-specific pages
- Maintain best practices for publishing on whitney.org and other digital platforms, implementing editorial and style guidelines, and ensuring accuracy, usability, and a consistent institutional voice
- Project manage digital initiatives, including video and audio content, as assigned, including the development of project briefs, budgets, timelines, and rights clearance
- Support the production of original content by scheduling and running photography, audio, and video shoots, running occasional livestreams, and managing all logistics within the Museum, artists and with external vendors
- Upload video and audio assets to the website, ensuring accessibility and usability, oversee production work on exhibition pages and exhibition-related web features, and publish content to the Museum’s digital signage system
- Manage timelines, assets, and uploads for the Museum’s mobile guide
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years professional web or digital media production experience
- Strong background in digital production, project management, and editorial
- Extremely organized, with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills: professional maturity working with colleagues across the Museum combined with an ability and desire to communicate clearly about digital initiatives with non-technical staff
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinker, and a passion for contemporary culture, especially visual art and museums
- Technical Skills: Image/photo editing (Adobe suite), basic knowledge of HTML; familiarity with content management systems and a variety of third-party tools, including Google Analytics; strong knowledge of YouTube; project management software such as Asana; familiarity with major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram); video editing a plus
How to Apply
For more information on the Digital Content Manager position, and the application process, please visit the Museum’s website:
About the Whitney
The Whitney Museum of American Art, founded in 1930 by the artist and philanthropist Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, houses the foremost collection of American art from the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. From her vision arose the Whitney Museum of American Art, which has been championing the most innovative art of the United States for 86 years. The core of the Whitney’s mission is to collect, preserve, interpret, and exhibit American art of our time and serve a wide variety of audiences in celebration of the complexity and diversity of art and culture in the United States. Through this mission and a steadfast commitment to artists themselves, the Whitney has long been a powerful force in support of modern and contemporary art and continues to help define what is innovative and influential in American art today.
The Whitney Museum of American Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Museum does not discriminate because of age, sex, religion, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law. The Museum hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. The Museum encourages all qualified candidates to apply for vacant positions at all levels. This description shall not be construed as a contract of any sort for a specific period of employment.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: gallery, manager, media, museum, and photography. States: New York.
Please Share the Digital Content Manager job: