Digital Content and Social Media Manager
The School of American Ballet (SAB) at Lincoln Center, founded by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, is the preeminent ballet school in the country. Our mission is to train dancers for careers in classical ballet. We provide the resources for a diverse pool of students to train at the highest level – with 20-25 a year going on to dance for New York City Ballet, our official but independent company, and other major ballet companies worldwide. SAB has a far-reaching impact on the art form and enriches the lives of each student who comes through our doors, over 1,000 annually.
Reporting to the Digital Producer, the Digital Content and Social Media Manager will be a key member of the Digital Production team. This individual will develop and oversee the publication of content across our digital channels, manage our digital/social communities, and regularly report key analytics for data-driven content decisions. This role will have the opportunity to develop content for a thriving digital presence and will be encouraged to stay on top of social media trends and contribute ideas on how SAB can leverage those trends to better reach organizational goals including student recruitment, promotion of public programs, digital fundraising, digital community building and more. This individual will also play a key role in helping to establish SAB’s presence on the TikTok platform.
- Brainstorm and assist in planning/developing social posts and digital content series
- Create/curate images and short-form video content for social media including Instagram feed, Instagram Reels, Instagram Stories, Facebook and TikTok
- Write copy for social media posts
- Submit media assets/drafts for approvals
- Load in content and maintain digital content planning database
- Schedule content to go out across platforms
- Track and respond to comments/communities on digital platforms with careful attention to SABs “voice” and standard practices.
- Track and document social media performance metrics in database & create reports as needed.
- Cover “live-events” and behind the scenes moments by capturing photos and videos in real time and craft into Instagram Stories
- Conceive, research, and write blog posts for SAB’s web site
- Draft and design monthly email newsletters
- Assist in organizing and maintaining SAB’s photo and video database
- Curate SAB collection of archival photos for use on digital
- Photoshop/touch-up approved photos as needed
- Secure photo/video rights for use on digital when needed
Service media needs across departments – providing photos when needed
- Assist with packaging and optimizing video assets
- Assist in student communications around social media needs, and best practices
- Support department and organization-wide projects with related tasks assigned as needed
Education and Qualifications
- BA degree required
- 2-5 years professional work experience in social media or content creation role
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to shape information into original, clear, concise, error-free content
- Skilled at handling social media coverage and a keen understanding of social media best practices
- Strong project management skills; ability to develop and execute a strategy with great attention to detail and timelines
- Experience with social media management tools, blogging, WordPress, Mailchimp and Adobe Creative Suite desired.
- Basic videography and video editing skills. Familiarity with still photography a plus.
- An interest in classical ballet and the performing arts (plus)
- Flexibility to work occasional evening (after 5:30pm) and weekend hours
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Health Care Plan (Medical & Dental)
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: ballet, dance, manager, and social media. States: New York.
Please Share the Digital Content and Social Media Manager job: