Digital Asset Manager
Jack Shainman Gallery, NY
Jack Shainman Gallery is seeking an organized and experienced candidate to fill the role of full-time Digital Assets Manager. The Digital Assets Manager works closely with the sales staff, press team and Registrars to ensure all artwork and installations are documented. This role also acts as a liaison with the press regarding Rights and Reproduction. The department consists of two members, with the Digital Assets Manager acting as senior member of the team. Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a larger team. Candidate must have strong writing and communication skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining precise attention to detail. Previous experience processing image requests for artists is required.
- Facilitates all copyright reproduction permission requests including press and scholarly publications.
- Schedules photography for all gallery locations including individual and installation photography.
- Maintains image archives in both high and low resolution.
- Updates images of available inventory on gallery iPads.
- Maintains and updates gallery website.
- Creates layouts of all available works.
- Creates exhibition previews and walkthroughs.
- Maintains press archive and updates all artist press packages.
- Researches and updates artist biographies and bibliographies.
- Maintains on-site library and artist archives.
- BA Degree in Art History or comparable required.
- Master of Library and Information Science preferred.
- Strong command of Photoshop and InDesign.
- Working knowledge of Art Base or Filemaker Pr. Preferred
- At least 3 years of full-time gallery or comparable experience.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, hard-working with the ability to handle all tasks with efficiency and acute attention to detail. The candidate must be able to work in a high-pressure environment.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art gallery, communication, design, and photography. States: New York.
Please Share the Digital Asset Manager job: