Part-Time Development Manager
The San Francisco Mime Troupe (SFMT) has been celebrating its 60th year of speaking truth to power and seeks an experienced Development Manager with digital marketing experience to grow and manage SFMT’s individual giving needs, increase visibility with digital marketing efforts, and research grants that fit into SFMT’s mission, in partnership with SFMT’s General Manager, the entire Collective that serves as the Artistic Director, and the SFMT Board of Trustees.
$45,000 per year grant funded through June 30, 2020.
This is a grant funded position for with a salary of $45,000.00 through June 30, 2020 with the strong possibility of renewal.
Office headquarters are located in San Francisco (the Mission); some work may be done remotely. SFMT is looking to hire immediately.
- Grants Research: Research available grants and prepare grant lists for the General Manager and Grants Consultant (approximately 8 hours per week).
- Individual Donor & Digital Marketing: Create and implement a plan to increase digital visibility to encourage individual donor engagement and giving. This includes prospect research, customized strategy development, and scheduling of meetings with high value donors. (approximately 18 hours per week)
- Work with Collective and General Manager to assess and refine communications strategy to generate greater public awareness of the breadth of SFMT’s programming to encourage engagement and cultivate individual donor relationships.
- Ability to use digital marketing platforms, social media and other arts platforms to increase visibility, individual donors and engagement for SFMT.
- List all SFMT events on ticketing websites (varies based on season schedule).
- Research and reach out to podcast hosts, influencers, and press to procure publicity opportunities to increase SFMT visibility and promote the summer show and other events (approximately 2-4 hours per week).
- Provide accurate and timely status reports to the Board of Trustees and answer e-mails in a timely manner. (approximately 1 hour per week)
- The position of Development Manager requires a strategic thinker and self-starter who is organized, persistent, and detail-oriented.
- Past non-profit arts sector experience developing individual donor and communications programs required, along with references.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work 28-32 hours per week in the SFMT headquarters as an independent contractor.
- Innovative, flexible, and able to prioritize to meet the needs of an evolving organization.
- Demonstrated ability to be prioritize, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Fluency is MSOffice Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Social media marketing experience required.
- Willingness to list all shows and events on ticketing platforms.
- Ability to pass a background check in compliance with state and federal laws and ability to work in a space where minors are frequently present.
- Working conditions: The space is generally quiet, but depending on the hours, adult and minors will be using the space to rehearse and as part of workshops.
- Ability to move about in an office environment, which is up 1 flight of stairs, and sit for extended amounts of time.
- Requirements to move about in the community.
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Ability and experience in using grants databases in the library.
- Ability to attend and help organize offsite events that will likely take place in the evenings or weekends.
The ideal candidate will be politically aware, aligned with SFMT’s political philosophy and eager to work collaboratively.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: development, director, grants, manager, marketing, and performing arts. States: California.
Please Share the Development Manager job: