Full-Time Development Manager
Organizational Summary: Santa Cruz Shakespeare (SCS) mission is to create and strengthen community by bringing audiences and theater artists together to celebrate stories about our collective humanity. Our summer festival matches unparalleled professional performances with unparalleled outdoor beauty in the heart of Santa Cruz. SCS is a treasured 37-year tradition in the County, attracting multi-generational local theatregoers to a shared experience of exceptional classical theatre that provides a canvas to explore, question, and celebrate the political, social, and human condition.
The Development Manager will plan and implement SCS’s fundraising programs, including the annual fund campaign that provides general operating support for seasonal productions. In addition, the position will manage exclusive events and benefits fulfillment to advance the mission of the organization. SCS’s annual fund constitutes $650,000 – $700,000 of the $1.4 million operating budget
A successful Development Manager will:
- Be a dynamic member of our core staff who is enthusiastic about the importance of philanthropy to local, cultural organizations
- Be a professional, articulate, and an informed ambassador for SCS in the philanthropic community and beyond
- Inspire engagement of staff, artists, board members, and outside supporters through leadership by example
- Manage the implementation of a comprehensive strategic development plan to meet or exceed contributed income goals with particular focus on increasing individual membership at major giving levels.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of approximately 100 donors and prospects while strategizing with the Managing Director, Artistic Director, and Board of Directors to maintain and grow individual portfolios
- Execute SCS’s annual development plan to solicit and secure funds, meeting specific quantifiable goals across individual and earned income revenue streams
- Equip and mobilize Managing Director, Artistic Director, and Board of Directors to play an integral role in fundraising by strategizing to identify, cultivate, steward, and solicit new corporate, individual, major donor, and planned giving supporters
- Communicate effectively across the organization’s Artistic, Education, Marketing and Box Office staff to help ensure fundraising is in alignment with SCS’s vision, branding, and messaging
- Provide direction on donor benefits fulfillment to Box Office and Front of House operations during the performance season
- Be the primary staff liaison for the Development Committee
- Plan and oversee two membership renewal direct mail campaigns annually
- Plan and oversee two exclusive special events for major donors
- Regularly report on fundraising progress during board meetings
- Participate with the Marketing Director to unify branding and messaging
- Oversee the production of all development documents and materials
- Directly supervise and mentor a part-time staff member to fully utilize their fundraising strengths and ensure effectiveness in member communications, acknowledgments, benefit fulfillment, and database maintenance
- Minimum 3 years of relevant nonprofit fundraising experience in a management role, along with quantifiable success with a variety of revenue streams
- Experience developing and executing strategies to cultivate and solicit gifts from high net-worth individuals, corporations, and foundations; ideally having secured five-figure gifts
- Strong management skills including the ability to inspire, motivate, and hold staff and board accountable to ambitious goals and high standards
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse set of stakeholders while maintaining confidential donor information
- A proactive and creative problem-solver who can adapt to changing situations
- Be both strategic and tactical when implementing solutions
- Demonstrated experience using fundraising software
- Passionate about performing arts and SCS’s mission
- Degree in arts administration, management, communications, or related field
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with level of experience, ranging from $55,000 – $65,000
- Full time exempt position, 40 hours a week.
- May be asked to work evenings and weekends as necessary during summer season.
- 16 days paid-time off annual, with additional 13 paid holidays.
- We provide health insurance with SCS covering 100% of the costs of the insurance.
Please email resume and cover letter in a PDF format, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be considered through February 1, 2019.
SCS is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: development, fund-raising, manager, marketing, and performing arts. States: California.
Please Share the Development Manager job: