Database Administrator→ East Haddam, Connecticut, United States
• Job Title: Database Administrator
• Reports to: Director of Development
• Department: Development
• FLSA Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
• Wage/Compensation Range: $26-$29/hour – health insurance, paid time off, and paid holidays provided
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the community we serve. Goodspeed Musicals is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible workplace environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, non-gender binary/trans individuals, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
General Statement of Job Function
In support of Goodspeed’s mission of developing and producing the highest quality musical theatre, the Database Administrator (DA) coordinates the administration and optimization of the PatronManager database to maintain accurate and thorough records, and supports the information services needs of all Goodspeed revenue centers, including the Development Department, Marketing Department, Box Office, and Education, in addition to the Executive Office. This will involve maintaining related applications deployed on the Salesforce platform, business processes and practices, producing analytical reports and easy-to-read dashboards and queries, maintaining database integrity, and troubleshooting or escalating issues as needed. Further, the DA is responsible for system documentation and implementing system updates and releases.
The overarching goal of the Database Administrator’s work will be to support the Development and Marketing departments by implementing targeted patron communications and providing insightful analysis, ultimately increasing contributed and earned revenue.
Data Integrity and Maintenance
- Manage PatronManager database system including but not limited to:
- Evaluating and correcting patron records to ensure accuracy;
- Customizing Salesforce objects including creating and updating fields, page layouts and record types; and
- Configuring integration between PatronManager and external systems/databases.
- Provide leadership and planning for processes and procedures in areas of data entry practices, gift processing and acknowledgment, database integrity, reporting, data analysis, event tracking, system enhancements, prospect tracking and moves management.
Reporting and Analysis
- Develop and deliver clear and accurate reports for subscriptions, ticket sales, inventory management, donations, patron constituencies and education programs, including but not limited to:
- Updating criteria and parameters for existing reports;
- Creating custom reports and report types.
- Create and customize dashboards to measure high-level understanding of patron activity and system usage.
- Analyze data to uncover trends and inform donor strategy and marketing/sales strategy.
- Ensure financial reports are accurate for internal/external purposes.
- Liaise with the Director of Finance on departmental reporting.
- Assist senior staff to develop a suite of key reports and dashboards to help ensure robust use of the system.
- Recommend and generate targeted and segmented mailing lists for direct mail, email promotions and donor solicitations.
- Advise about the selection and generation of telemarketing lists.
- Prepare lists for season ticket renewal forms and other regular patron messaging.
- Upload and track all marketing, development and education communications for effectiveness and ROI analysis.
- Help guide a PatronManager-user team, and the organization, into adopting best practices for data and information sharing.
- Participate in the cross-department planning process for earned and contributed revenue strategies (i.e. subscription calendar, development operations, education program timeline).
- Assist with annual subscription renewal configuration and additional box office-related projects/issues, as needed.
- Support the annual Gala & Auction fundraiser by managing our Greater Giving event software, including setting up event website and related pages, pulling lists and reports from the software, and importing donations and purchases from Greater Giving
- Identify organization needs that are beyond existing scope of PatronManager and explore custom/third party apps to address those needs.
- Lead the integration of new department usage of PatronManager, including external data migration
- Potential projects include press lists, house management/concessions, company management and others, TBD.
- Serve as the organization’s expert and primary resource on the PatronManager database, and assist with questions and problems.
- Respond to information requests and enhance the identification, value and use of the information for program and campaign assessment.
- Troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations, and implement solutions in the areas of data integrity standards, data quality and overall Salesforce system usage.
- Work collaboratively to maximize efficient use of database.
- Regularly audit record duplicates, email templates, reports, dashboards, profiles, data storage and other org limits.
- Perform mass record updates as necessary.
- Maintain an active relationship with the PatronManager support services and work directly with them to evaluate software needs and promptly resolve issues.
- Implement system releases and updates, including reviewing release notes, making appropriate changes based on organization’s customizations, and educating staff on changes to configuration and use.
- Regularly attend webinars, training days and other professional development opportunities.
- Ensure data integrity by developing standard operating policies, procedures, and style sheets.
- Train, inform, and support users regarding system functionality, enhancements, system configuration and best practices.
- Review and revise data processing/entry procedures regularly to support the needs of the organization.
- Proactively identify procedures that need to be updated and/or created.
- Ensure full communication of new documentation and procedures to appropriate staff.
- Provide training and support to Development and Box Office staff on donation entry/processing procedure and best practices.
- Maintain and evaluate best practices for database management and patron experience, and recommend changes and enhancements to system based on such research.
- Assist as needed with monthly reconciliation with Finance/Unified Statement.
- Assist with data entry and prospect research as needed.
- Train all new employees in revenue-generating departments on how best to employ data strategy in their work.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Respect for Goodspeed’s mission and drive, including the understanding that the focus of our work is to support the artistic and creative process—and people—at the heart of making musical theatre.
- Strong Computer Skills, especially in Excel, Word, and PatronManager database.
- Must be prepared to become a certified Salesforce administrator.
- Excellent communication and organization-wide people skills. The ability to translate business needs into technical requirements is crucial.
- Project management skills ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills with aptitude for effective time management.
- Must possess an enthusiastic and positive outlook with a genuine interest in multiple aspects of theatre administration.
- Ability to treat confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible with assignments and priorities.
- Exhibit interpersonal savvy, which includes relating comfortably to a variety of personalities; cultivating and maintaining positive relationships; employing discretion, diplomacy, and tact; seeking the positive in all situations.
- Comfortably and effectively cope with change and ambiguity, which includes effectively transitioning between tasks and timelines; identifying priorities and making good decisions with a minimum of information; staying relaxed and proactive when things are uncertain; confidently managing risk and uncertainty.
- A commitment to an equitable work environment, which includes use of gender inclusive language; support for individual gender expression, racial equity and inter-generational collaboration; accessibility for people with disabilities; and cultural sensitivity.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- A sense of humor is essential.
- Kindness, confidence, and a generous spirit along with an abiding fondness for tap dance.
- Strong book-keeping skills (accuracy and attention to detail).
- Familiarity with major search engines, including iWave and Foundation Center, a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce-related tools, including Apsona, DoubletheDonation, Data Loader, a plus.
- Previous experience using Greater Giving event software a plus.
- PatronManager Admin Certification.
How to Apply
Submission Deadline: Monday, September 18, 2023
Please send a cover letter, resume, availability, and list of three references to email@example.com with the subject line “Database Administrator.”
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, development, fund-raising, music, and Musicals. States: Connecticut.