Full-Time Curator – Collection of Contemporary Painting and Sculpture
A Dallas family seeks to fill the role of a full-time curator for a growing collection of 300+ works of contemporary painting and sculpture.
The Curator is responsible for managing all communications on behalf of the collection and is the project manager for installations and longer-term initiatives including acquisition strategy and deaccession plans.
The Curator will supervise the Collection Manager and will report directly to the collectors.
The successful candidate for this position will be outgoing and self-motivated with strong organizational and communication skills.
Experience with ArtBinder is preferred, but not required.
• Manages correspondence with galleries and auction houses
• Proposes and evaluates artworks for acquisition
• Oversees loans and donations to museums and institutions
• Plans and oversees art rotations and installations across multiple residences
• Studies the commercial art market with regularity
• Represents the collection at fairs and art-related functions
• Maintains updated insurance schedule and appraisal values
• Collaborates with Collection Manager to establish transit priorities and develop long-term initiatives
• Hosts/schedules tours of the collection
• Assist with property management of the collectors’ private residence (answer home phone, confirm contractors, update contractor contact sheet, and minimal duties related to wine and rare book collection).
Salaried position, (40 hr/week)
Salary Range: Mid-40s before bonus
• Full Benefits
• Paid cell phone plan
• Work computer provided
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university, no Master’s degrees
• Background in art history, fine art, museums, galleries, or auction houses
• Ability to prioritize and manage moving parts
• Ability to pass a background check and provide academic transcript
• Ability to work weekdays between 9am-6pm
• Comfortable around dogs
Please title the attachment “LastName_Curator” and list “Application for Curator” in the subject line of the email.
Please email the application as a cover letter and resume in a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: communication, curator, curatorial, exhibition, gallery, and sculpture. States: Texas.
Please Share the Curator – Collection of Contemporary Painting and Sculpture job: