Full-Time Curated Consignment Sales Specialist
OUR STORY AND HOW YOU CAN HELP CONTRIBUTE
Everything But The House (EBTH) is the world’s largest marketplace for authenticated second hand goods. EBTH was born out of a passion for helping others in need of selling unique items, a desire to change the way that they’re discovered, and a commitment to providing sellers with a better alternative for selling their property.
And, we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished and we’re eager to share our story with buyers and sellers across the world!
We are seeking a Curated Consignment Sales Specialist in Boston, Baltimore, or Washington, D.C. who can drive market growth in the secondhand enthusiast, reseller, and Business to Business (B2B) arenas.
In this role, you will be engaged in and helping to develop our local curated consignment inventory activities, including developing, signing, and managing repeat sales with local secondhand enthusiasts/resellers and B2B partners and networking to drive overall brand awareness in the collector, art, design, fashion, and antique segments of the community.
The ideal candidate must be an entrepreneurial, client-centric, and sales-oriented curated consignment expert that gets excited by blowing away both sales goals and customer expectations. Apply here: https://www.ebth.com/careers
WHO YOU ARE:
- Secondhand Enthusiast – You love secondhand goods, vintage items, and the rare, weird, and wonderful treasures hiding in homes, pawn shops, and auction houses.
- Master Connector – You have the right network of secondhand enthusiasts, business owners, and influencers in the art, design, and antique collector world; you know how to work a room, community fundraisers, and local networking groups.
- Auction House Talent – You have worked in this space – local auction houses, antique shops, and/or high-end collectibles.
- Sales Consultant – You solve seller problems and embody the blend of the art and science of selling.
- Referral Generator – You develop strong relationships that generate a flywheel of referrals.
- People Person – You genuinely love getting to know people and motivating them.
- Owner – You own your role, you generate business, you track your leads and referrals in Salesforce, and you treat our seller items as if they were your own.
- Storyteller – You believe in the EBTH Mission, and you love sharing our story and how we can help others.
WHO YOU ARE NOT:
- Car Salesman – Someone who does whatever it takes to earn their commission.
- Wallflower – Someone who isn’t comfortable talking to new people and is afraid of closing the deal.
- Novice – Someone who is new to the art, design, antique, secondhand, curated collectible, and B2B world.
- 8 to 5’er – Someone who likes the same daily routine and isn’t hungry to make a difference for the business and our customers; someone that likes sitting in their office all day.
TASKS YOU’LL BE JUGGLING
- Prospecting and signing local direct-revenue partnerships with potential recurring consignors, including but not limited to: antique collectors, jewelry stores, artists & art galleries, museum professionals, philanthropic organizations, and dealers in fine art & decorative arts, Asian art & decorative arts, 20th century design & modern art, books & historical manuscripts, coins & currency, jewelry & timepieces, luxury accessories, sports & celebrity collectibles, and more.
- Nurturing and growing relationships with 2nd-hand enthusiasts, business owners, affluent advocates, and overall influencers in the collector, art, design, fashion, and antique community.
- Developing a business growth plan and strategy for the 2nd-hand enthusiast/reseller and B2B segment of the market.
- Articulating market potential based on the types of objects available for sale and assisting in providing direction regarding how best to curate objects for sale to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Leading cross-functional execution against defined business milestones and metrics.
- Advocating for critical service development and competitive/collaborative consignor agreements to help generate seller confidence, accelerate seller growth and platform utilization, and enhance future opportunity.
- Managing client accounts as needed, for local business and repeat seller
- Ensuring continued engagement with market leadership to efficiently scale operations for 2nd-hand enthusiast/reseller and B2B segment growth.
- Serving as the point of escalation to support partners with service level issues that arise.
- Developing, tracking, analyzing, and communicating key internal business development metrics.
CREDENTIALS WE ARE SEEKING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Successful track record of meeting/exceeding sales goals in prior roles.
- A strong understanding of the art, antique and collectibles industry, past experience with curating sales or representing objects for sale, and prior experience in other fair market/auction environments is a plus.
- Existing industry relationships to help support the exposure and growth of curated consignment.
- Prior experience in operating within a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong experience in client management, business communication and relationship development.
- Skilled in project management, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- High emotional intelligence with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to drive consensus with internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to work in an open format schedule as needs dictate.
- Ability to confidently and professionally sell our service, our expertise, and our value to prospective clients (you must be knowledgeable and passionate about our unique service offering!).
- High level of comfort with technology
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software; Salesforce preferred.
Please Share the Curated Consignment Sales Specialist job: