Cultural Arts Supervisor
The Arlington Heights Park District (AHPD) is a public park and recreation agency located in Arlington Heights, Illinois- one of the largest communities in Chicago’s prestigious northwest suburban corridor. Our mission is to enrich the community by providing fun, accessible and impactful recreation and facilities for every age and season. However you choose to recreate, we have something for you. We aim to serve everyone equally and fairly across our 29 facilities including five community centers with outdoor pools, Arlington Ridge Center, two tennis clubs, two public golf clubs, Lake Arlington, Arlington Heights Historical Museum and Senior Center and 58 parks across 716 acres of land. In our 95-year history we have earned multiple distinctions recognizing our high-quality standards of excellence, including three National Gold Medal Awards, maintaining a Moody’s AAA bond rating for nine years and receiving multiple awards for fiscal responsibility.
GENERAL CULTURAL ARTS INFORMATION
Cultural Arts programs include dance, both competitive and instructional, as well as theater classes and productions under our Expressions Performing Arts Academy. Through our Expressions School of Art, visual art classes for youth, teens and adults are offered. Programs take place in our 4 dance studios, and two dedicated art studios.
JOB SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Join our Recreation team to provide a comprehensive program of youth, teen and adult cultural arts including forms of dance, drama, music and arts to our community. Supervise and coordinate our annual dance recital for over 900 dancers as well as oversee our award winning Vibe Dance Company competitive dance team. In addition to dance, responsibilities include our theater classes and quarterly theater productions including both plays and musicals. This position also coordinates gymnastics classes through our partnership with the Rolling Meadows Park District, year round art classes, Arts Alive summer camp program, and serve as liaison to the Village’s Cultural Arts Commission.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Organizes, directs and supervises cultural arts programming including, but not limited to, dance, drama, music, arts and camps
• Supervises Hasbrook Cultural Arts Center
• Coordinates annual dance recital for over 900 dancers, encompassing two days and 10 performances
• Oversees competitive dance company, Vibe
• Coordinates gymnastics classes through partnership with Rolling Meadows Park District
• Supervises theater classes and quarterly productions
• Schedules, in collaboration with Special Events Supervisor, adult concerts in North School Park
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• BA/BS in Parks and Recreation, Arts or closely related field from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of three or more years of demonstrated success as a cultural arts programmer
• CPRP Certification preferred
• Or, any equivalent combination of education, experience and training
• Valid Illinois Class “D” Driver’s License
• Ellis and Associates Vanguard Training required within six months of employment
• CPR and AED Certification required within six months of employment
Interested applicants may apply online at ahpd.bamboohr.com/careers/39?source=aWQ9MjY%3D including a cover letter and resume.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, coordinator, culture, entertainment, and supervisor. States: Illinois.
Please Share the Cultural Arts Supervisor job: