Creative Production Manager
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SFAI hosts 50-70 artists and creative practitioners of all disciplines annually through our residency programs, produces a monthly podcast, and hosts public events that forge critical inquiry and cultural exchange between artists and the broader community.
The Creative Production Manager is responsible for creatively and strategically amplifying the work of SFAI and the artists and creative practitioners we support, through storytelling, producing compelling content, and co-producing the monthly Tilt podcast and quarterly public events.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SFAI is a highly collaborative workplace, and many of the following duties will be performed by working closely with the Executive Director (ED) and SFAI staff. The Creative Production Manager will:
- Regularly produce video, image, and story content that showcases and amplifies SFAI’s mission and our residents and alumni, through events, conversations, and connection with the larger community;
- Develop SFAI online presence that builds a narrative and story around produced content, including compiling/editing content for specific channels;
- Work with SFAI team to build and co-produce monthly Tilt podcast;
- Manage SFAI 140 event (up to 3x per year) including collating/ organizing presentations, and producing video documentation;
- Manage two fundraising/ community events per year, in collaboration with ED and SFAI staff;
- Document and assist with up to 3 smaller fundraising events per year;
- Source images and content for multiple storytelling and marketing applications, practice sourcing images responsibly by obtaining permissions or confirming image rights (royalty-free, copyright);
- Develop social media marketing language, imagery, and post to multiple platforms daily;
- Co-develop social media marketing language, imagery, and post to multiple platforms daily;
- Prepare digital presentations in Keynote/ Google Slides and help to facilitate technology for virtual/ Zoom events; and
- Manage the video internship experience at SFAI.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
This is a position for a responsible, personable, and organized individual inspired to contribute their creative event planning and storytelling skills to an organization that is committed to engaging complex social issues through the arts – focusing on the rights of BIPOC, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, immigrants, and women. The ideal candidate has the following experience and/or skills:
- Excellent video and camera skills, experience in producing compelling short videos, and ability to work with multiple image/video file formats;
- Strong storytelling and communication skills;
- Project management, organizational skills and events planning experience;
- Comfort in working collaboratively;
- An ability to creatively troubleshoot and problem solve;
- Software skills should include Video editing; Photoshop; Social Media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo; basic HTML; Keynote; Zoom; and
- Experience in producing podcast(s) a plus.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Staff are expected to work 40 hours a week, and to be available from 9 AM – 5 PM, but we offer some flexibility in the work week in order to accommodate staff needs and the needs of our residents. SFAI staff are currently working a hybrid of off-site and on-site, with each staff member committing to be on site at least three times during the week. Because of the hospitality nature of the residency program, each person on staff is responsible for being “on-call” every 4-6 weeks, with backup from other staff. These schedules and responsibilities may change as needed.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is $55,000 – $65,000 commensurate with experience. SFAI adheres to a 1:3 wage ratio and provides benefits including health and disability insurance, holidays, and paid time off, flexible hours, and 403b retirement plan matching contribution.
Please submit a letter of interest, your CV, and links to samples of your work via email with subject line “SFAI Creative Production Manager,” to Executive Director Jamie Blosser at email@example.com.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: culture, fund-raising, manager, and production manager. States: New Mexico.
Please Share the Creative Production Manager job: