Covid Compliance Manager
LA Opera (LAO) is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that plays a significant role in the cultural life of Southern California. Hundreds of LAO employees and artists help bring to life world-class opera that preserves, promotes and advances the art form while embodying the diversity, pioneering spirit and artistic sensibility unique to Los Angeles.
Our productions are experienced by more than 100,000 audience members each year at our home at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. We reach many more through our community and school programs, “Off Grand” performances in venues across Los Angeles, and On Now digital content.
About the opportunity:
LA Opera is hiring a Covid Compliance Manager for the period July to December 2022, with the possibility of an extension to the engagement.
The Covid Compliance Manager will oversee the development, implementation, revision, and enforcement of Covid safety protocols for employees, artists, audience members, vendors, and visitors. This position also will supervise the hiring, training, and work of other Covid compliance team members, as applicable.
This is a temporary benefit-eligible full-time position, working in person and based at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. Some evening and weekend work will be required, as will local travel between the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and other LAO facilities and performance spaces or other locations as necessary.
As the virus and, correspondingly, the organizational response to it ebbs and flows, the Covid Compliance Manager may also be asked to assist with other administrative matters unrelated to Covid.
- Manage Covid-related safety planning for LA Opera, including administrative offices, mainstage operas, Off Grand and education productions and programming, and special events
- Oversee the development and implementation of Covid safety protocols and practices for areas including administrative offices, backstage areas, rehearsal rooms, the stage, the costume shop, warehouses, and front-of-house spaces.
- Monitor adherence to protocols and address potential violations and other compliance concerns, escalating concerns to Human Resources and senior leadership, as appropriate.
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervise the Covid compliance work of Covid compliance team members and other individuals, as necessary.
- Communicate with union representatives about protocols and Covid best practices, as requested by Labor Relations team
- Determine and implement appropriate Covid check-in procedures for employees and artists.
- Source, procure and manage inventory of Covid testing supplies, PPE, and other tools and equipment, as applicable.
- Manage communication and training about Covid protocols and practices.
- Ensure Covid testing is administered to employees, artists, and other individuals per protocols and oversee purchasing of tests and establish partnerships with Covid testing labs, as needed. Establish process for testing to be paid by LAO medical insurance for employees with LAO insurance.
- Lead the company’s response to employee/artist Covid cases, exposures, and symptomatic individuals, including conducting contact-tracing, drafting and distributing notifications to employees, and engaging leadership in conversations about the company’s responses to situations involve keys artists and personnel.
- Stay current on public health regulations and guidance at the local, state, and federal levels as well as best practices in the industry.
- Serve as Covid compliance liaison with The Music Center and other venues where LA Opera is working or performing.
- Budget, manage, monitor and analyze Covid-related expenses, identify related cost saving measures, as appropriate.
Who we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will be familiar with the rehearsal and performance process for opera or other performing arts and be knowledgeable about Covid-related regulations and best practices. Covid compliance experience in arts/entertainment is required. The Covid Compliance Manager will be required to complete Covid compliance certification and other related training.
The right person for this role will be very organized and detail-oriented, have experience developing and managing budgets, a skilled communicator and trainer, and able to work effectively and with poise in fast-paced, high-pressure environments. Prior supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
Because situations involving positive test results, exposures, and symptomatic employees and artists often require an immediate response, this role requires frequent monitoring of emails and text messages, including evenings and weekends.
As the public health situation and related guidance and best practices continue to evolve, it will be critical for the Covid Compliance Manager to be adaptable and adept at assisting company members in understanding and adopting revised protocols and practices.
We are committed to a workplace in which everyone has equitable opportunities and support and experiences a sense of belonging, and we are seeking a Covid Compliance Manager who champions and demonstrates this commitment.
Qualified candidates may apply here.
Applications received by Friday, July 8 will receive full consideration.
LA Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any legally protected categories.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Temporary. Job Tags: compliance, manager, music, non-profit, opera, and performing arts. States: California.
Please Share the Covid Compliance Manager job: