Your mission if you choose to accept it…
The Construction Manager holds an important role with the Enchant team. Reporting to the Technical Site Manager, the Construction Manager will be responsible for the installation of all structural elements. You must be able to interpret design drawings, communicate install methodologies, and lead multiple teams while managing a tight schedule. Working in conjunction with other team managers, collaboration and coordination is critical to ensuring the success of our event.
COMMITMENT: Dates may change based on location
- Venue Advance: Oct 01-Oct.31, 2022 (8hrs per day / mon-fri)
- Install: Nov 01-26, 2022 (10-12 hrs per days / 7am – 7pm / 6 days per week)
- Show: Nov 26-Jan 1, 2023, (8-10 hrs per days / 3pm – midnight / 5 days per week)
- Strike: Jan 02-15, 2023 (10-12 hr days / 7am – 7pm / 6 days per week)
May include some travel for training purposes
- Must commit to the entire production run from the pre-event to the load-out
- Must be prepared to work each day of the Load-in, Install, Run-of-Show, Strike and Load-out
- This includes the holiday season: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas day, New Years Eve and New Years Day
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to review in conjunction with the post holder and according to future changes/developments.
WHO WE ARE:
We are creators of a magical event called Enchant Christmas. We have hosted over three million guests over the past 5 years and have experienced significant growth. While Christmas is a big part of what we do, it is only the beginning of where we intend to go.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Hold Toolbox Talks each day with team to clearly outline the daily tasks and document potential safety risks
- Ensure team is practicing safe work procedures as outlined by the Enchant Health & Safety Guidelines
- Clearly communicate best practices and provide guidance as required
- Assign tasks to Labor crew and ensure work is performed correctly
- Review drawings, install procedures, overall requirements, and venue integration needs prior to directing teams
- Determine the tools & equipment required to perform each scope of work
- Follow the outlined installation schedule and provide progress updates daily
- Work closely with other teams to coordinate integration requirements (ie. electrical / crane & forklift requirements etc.)
- Ensure all assets and structures are properly and safely installed
- Confirm proper ballast requirements have been met
- Receiving deliveries
- Prepping shipments for outbound transport
- Distributing assets within the exhibit grounds
- General exhibit setup and take down
- Exhibit builds and construction
- Exhibit maintenance and repairs
- Maintain general site tidiness
- Record and report any damage to person or property during the operation
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
Your own personal values are aligned with those of Enchant; Driven, Courageous, Sincere, Magical.
The Construction Manager will have experience in the following areas:
- Exhibit / Event / Entertainment industry
- Public Art installations
- Woodworking / Metalworking
- Fabrication & assembly methodologies
- Site management
The Construction Manager will exhibit the following skills/knowledge:
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to coach and train teams
- Strong understanding of fabrication tools and hardware
- OSHA 30 training
Don’t have the required certification? Well don’t let that stop you! We’re always willing to provide training for those with that magical something.
Advertised Pay Range: $1,500 – $1,800 wk/salary
Are you ready to join our team of magic makers? Apply today. We’re excited to meet you.
*Positions Available for the following locations:
- Dallas, TX
- St. Petersburg, FL
- Washington, DC
- San Jose, CA
- Nashville, TN
- Las Vegas, NV
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Sacramento, CA
Enchant is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We’re committed to continually developing and upholding an inclusive and diverse environment where every voice, perspective, and idea is heard. We embrace differences and know that our diverse team is our strength and what drives our innovation. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, Enchant is an E-Verify participant.
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: entertainment, Fabrication, and manager. States: ~ United States.
Please Share the Construction Manager job: