Full-Time Company Manager
Position: Company Manager
Reports to: Associate General Manager
Status: Full-Time, Annual, Exempt
Deadline to Apply: November 9, 2018
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is seeking a full-time Company Manager to join the administrative department. Reporting to the Associate General Manager, the Company Manager is responsible for providing consistent support for The Rep’s Guest Artists, including directors, playwrights, actors, designers, and other collaborators; is a highly visible representative of The Rep; and maintains excellent relationships with artists, staff, volunteers, local community, and vendors.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange travel for Guest Artists (Actors, Designers, Directors, etc.), within the theater’s contractual obligations
- Assign temporary local housing, long or short-term, for guest artists and apprentices, within the theater’s contractual obligations
- Plan and oversee company functions and events, including shopping for supplies for company events
- Assist with housekeeping communication and calendars
- Work with our volunteer group, Friends of Milwaukee Rep, to hold Sundown Suppers and arrange for hospitality rides
- Coordinate Monday shopping trips with Guests Artists
- Maintain and assign housing with our housing partner for The Rep’s Emerging Professional Resident program
- Provide and, when necessary, accompany guest artists for doctor’s appointments, shopping and other errands as required
- Assist with housing and transportation budget for Guest Artists
- Track expenses related to company management functions and maintain accurate records.
- Maintain relationships with partner hotels
- Keep informed of The Rep’s Guest Artist personnel policies; proper medical/emergency information and procedures; and union rules governing housing, transportation and scheduling.
- Prepare and mail advance information concerning the theater, its housing accommodations, and pertinent travel information to Guest Artists as required
- In conjunction with Associate General Manager, supervise Company Management Emerging Professional Resident (EPR) on assigned day to day duties and tasks
- Other task as assigned by the Associate General Manager.
- One to two years of theatre, hospitality or related arts company management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks, be highly organized, and give great attention to detail
- Exceptional people skills and ability to communicate comfortably with a wide variety of personalities
- Strong computer skills and knowledge using primarily MS Outlook, Word and Excel are a necessity
- Knowledge of AEA, SDC, and USA unions
- Ability to stay calm under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Be available and on call as scheduled for issues and/or emergencies that may arise.
- Maintain a regular presence in order to be accessible for all company artists
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to maintain a valid drivers license and good driving record. Additionally, must have access to or be able to obtain a personal vehicle with insurance within 3 months of appointment to the position.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds with no assistance
- Ability to pass a background check in accordance with state and federal regulations
Compensation, Schedule, and Benefits: Milwaukee Repertory Theater employees receive a comprehensive compensation package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a paid time off package, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, Company Management, and General Management. States: Wisconsin.
Please Share the Company Manager job: