Company Management Intern
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis→ St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis is accepting applications for Company Management Intern for the 2023 Festival Season, featuring Treemonisha, Tosca, Così fan tutte, and Susannah.
Opera Theatre is known as a center for training young professionals in all aspects of opera, including arts administration. OTSL’s Administrative Internship Program offers direct, on-the-job experience for those interested in careers in arts administration and management. Past interns have gone on to enjoy careers at Opera Theatre, the Metropolitan Opera, The John F. Kennedy Center for the
Performing Arts, the St. Louis Art Museum, the American Repertory Theater, San Diego Symphony, and other arts organizations across the country.
Opera Theatre’s administrative internships offer hands-on experience collaborating to produce a world-class opera festival, as well as the opportunity to develop a wide variety of skills crucial in today’s arts and non-profit landscape. In addition to working on projects that are integral to the success of the Festival Season, interns are encouraged to learn from and about roles across the entire company, and are invited to attend additional lectures, recitals, rehearsals, and performances as their schedules permit. The program also includes educational sessions specifically for the interns, designed to further the professional growth of the program participants.
The Company Management Intern is an essential support member of the Artistic department during the Festival Season, providing artistic and operational support to the Artistic Department and Opera Theatre’s singers, directors, designers, and music and production staff.
The Company Management Intern must be able to interact with artists and patrons in a variety of settings and have strong organizational and communication skills. They should have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. An interest in classical music and an ability to read music is preferred, but not required.
This position requires that the candidate have their own car (company mileage is reimbursed) and be able to work some evenings and weekends. Candidates must be able to lift 35 lbs. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, and be able to operate a 15-passenger rental van, which OTSL insurance regulations stipulate include being a minimum age of 25.
- If interested, applicants can and are encouraged to apply for more than one position!
- Applicants must be at least 25 and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, and be able to operate a 15-passenger rental van, which OTSL insurance regulations stipulate include being a minimum age of 25.
- All internships are paid hourly at the rate of $15.00 an hour, and overtime at 1.5x for any hours over 40 per week.
- Dates and hours for each position vary, but most are from late April/early May – early July.
Hours may include some nights and weekends (see individual position descriptions).
- Limited shared housing available
- A basic familiarity with opera and classical music is a great help, however it is not required!
- Note: While the majority of our interns are college students or recent college graduates, this is not required. Any qualified applicants will be considered!
To apply, visit: opera-stl.org/about-us/flagship-programs/administr…↗↗
Applicants are asked to submit:
- Their contact information
- 2 references – names and contact information
- Resume (as a PDF)
- Brief personal statement, of no more than 250 words, that communicates why you are interested in the internship, and what unique skills and/or experience you will bring to the role.
Application and Selection Timeline
Application Period: December 2022 – March 2023
Interviews and Selection: mid-February – March 2023
At Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, we value equity, diversity, and mutual respect. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, people with disabilities, and others who have been historically excluded to apply. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our vibrant community. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
OTSL will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion or belief; national, social, or ethnic origin; age; sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression; physical, mental, or sensory disability; family or parental status; genetic information or characteristics; protected veteran status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. OTSL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (314) 963-4226.
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Internship. States: Missouri.