Company and Office Manager
The Company and Office Manager is a full-time, key member of TheatreSquared’s staff, charged with arranging travel, lodging, local logistics, and a general sense of home-away-from-home for visiting guest artists.
For the T2 staff, this team member will support company-wide travel needs, help maintain a professional office environment, and act as a general administrative assistant and a welcoming voice for callers and guests.
This staff member will go above and beyond to help create a safe and supported environment for the creation of exceptional theatre, and to ensure a memorable arts experience for artists visiting TheatreSquared, while helping keep the company connected and workplace organized and professional.
As a key link between the visiting artists and the company, this staff member will help TheatreSquared to answer the question, “How can a theatre be an agent of social change—helping foster a community that is fundamentally more equitable?”
The Company and Office Manager will:
- Manage travel, lodging, parking, and local logistics for visiting guest artists and for T2 staff, including transit to and from the airport and, as needed, rehearsals and performances
- Create and update company management policies and procedures. Maintain and provide shared access to detailed company management records.
- Meet and greet artists, providing a tour of facilities; share policy/procedure documents for visiting artists for the use of lodging, vehicles, and other needs (grocery trips, etc.); assist with obtaining parking permits, keys, “rules of the house,” paychecks, reimbursements, etc.
- Responsible for the turnover of company lodging, including restocking supplies and scheduling a thorough cleaning with T2’s facilities and janitorial staff, assisting as needed
- Manage the loan-out of company vehicles, including a checkout system. Work with the building manager to manage vehicle upkeep.
- Alongside Director of Development, maintain relationships with TheatreSquared’s “Open Door Patrons” who contribute the use of their housing or vehicles for guest artists; inform them as early as possible of all lodging needs, and use every opportunity to thank them for their generosity
- Work with Associate General Manager and Human Resources Manager to plan and oversee occasional get-togethers and events for staff and guest artists
- Distribute packages and mail addressed to guest artists and staff
- Answer/direct calls from patrons and vendors looking for information
- Organize and manage stocking of office supplies and inventory
- Alongside Associate General Manager, maintain company calendar
- Alongside Associate General Manager, prepare/distribute meeting notifications, and agenda for board and staff meeting materials, manage correspondence around meeting execution
- Alongside Associate General Manager, coordinate attendance, arrange catering, create/distribute meeting materials, and transcribe minutes for board meetings
- Support and uplift TheatreSquared’s mission and vision, as well as show a dedication to the company’s principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, anti-racism, and access
- Report to the Associate General Manager and work closely with the Director of Operations and Director of Production
Preferred candidates will have:
- Ability to research and learn new skill sets;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high-stress situations
- Good problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to work flexibly as a team member and present a positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects, maintain organization, and be detail oriented
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Office
- Self-motivated, with a mature, positive, and enthusiastic attitude towards the goal of providing the highest quality work possible, in a mutually supportive environment.
- While the typical workday will be standard office hours, given the typical nature of providing hospitality for guest artists, the position requires the flexibility to be “on call” some nights and weekends.
Additional useful, but not essential, prerequisites include:
- Previous direct experience in company management and/or artist hospitality
- Previous direct experience in administrative assistant / office management role
To apply, submit a cover letter, employment resume, and references by visiting theatresquared.bamboohr.com/jobs/ .
TheatreSquared celebrates diversity and commits to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The company’s goal is to remove barriers to employment that are faced by racialized groups and encourage applicants of all genders, abilities, and ethnic, socio-economic, religious, and educational backgrounds. TheatreSquared believes that a team with a variety of perspectives and skills is critical to our growth as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please note: All interviews at this time will be held via video service (Google, Zoom, etc.)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This permanent, full-time, exempt position includes an annual salary of $36,000, commensurate with experience, and full benefits. These benefits include health; dental; paid time off; relocation assistance; paid parental leave; professional development allowance; employer-sponsored long-term and short-term disability; $100,000 in employer-sponsored term life insurance; and voluntary 401(k).
We believe that theatre—done well and with passion—can transform lives and communities. At the theatre, in schools and online, we create remarkable performances; broaden access; foster empathy, equity and cohesion; and gather with one another around art, conversation, food and other shared experiences in a welcoming, inclusive space.
THE COMPANY & REGION
TheatreSquared’s signature offering of bold new plays in an intimate setting has driven its growth to become the state’s largest theatre, offering more than 300 performances annually and operating on a $6 million annual budget. The playwright-led company is one of mid-America’s leading laboratories for new work, having launched more than 60 new plays. Its work has received critical acclaim from The New York Times (“Best Theater of 2020” list), The Wall Street Journal (“an outstanding drama company”), NPR’s All Things Considered, and the American Theatre Wing, founder of the Tony Awards.
TheatreSquared’s home—winner of the 2020 American Architecture Award and the AIA NY Honor Award—is a cultural landmark. T2’s hometown of Fayetteville is annually ranked among the top ten US News and World Report “Best Places to Live,” a progressive, bike-friendly, and scenic college community near several Fortune 100 world headquarters. TheatreSquared’s remarkable expansion—with a twentyfold increase in audience in just the past decade— parallels the emergence of its home region as a booming population center and destination for American art.
Offering far-reaching access and education programs and an open-all-day gathering space, TheatreSquared remains rooted in its founding vision, that “theatre—done well and with passion—can transform lives and communities.”
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: management, manager, office manager, and theatre. States: Arkansas.
Please Share the Company and Office Manager job: