Community Outreach and Group Sales Manager
About Second Stage
Second Stage Theatre produces work entirely by 21st century American playwrights both on and off Broadway. Dedicated to adventurous contemporary plays and musicals, bold new interpretations, and unique theatrical experiences, the work at Second Stage reflects diversity and inclusiveness. Through the discovery of emerging talent and the commissioning of new work, Second Stage nurtures future generations of theater artists and welcomes a theatergoing audience of all backgrounds.
The Community and Group Sales Manager will ensure that Second Stage productions are accessible to the widest audience possible via outreach (phone, direct mail, email), and in-person visits (when safe).
The Manager will be a critical member of the Marketing Department with responsibility developing and executing marketing, outreach, and group sales initiatives for each of Second Stage’s productions. While keeping the Theater’s DEI initiatives at the forefront, this person will reach out to the local New York community and strategic partners to ensure a welcoming, hospitable experience, particularly for new audiences. This role will require cross-functional collaboration and interface with Ticket Services, front of house, and other departments as necessary.
In addition to core administrative hours, the Manager will be required to be onsite on evenings and weekends, by nature of Second Stage’s performance and events schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Solicit and fulfill group sales orders/respond to group sales inquires
- Coordinate special performances (student matinees, audio-described)
- Set guidelines for Ticket Donations program; receive and process requests for donations
- Manage Audience and Guest Survey program
- Data analysis to inform marketing, development, and outreach efforts
- Pricing, mapping, and other reporting
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with community engagement and group sales in entertainment, the arts, or a similar business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Facility with database management
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Tessitura a plus
- Affinity for planning, analysis, and change
- Interest in theater, new plays, and exploring ways to deeply engage audiences
- Passion for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives within the artistic community
Compensation: Base salary starting at $48,000 annually
Benefits: Second Stage offers a full benefits package including vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and long-term disability coverage upon eligibility.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Second Stage is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.
How to Apply
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: manager, sales, and theatre. States: New York.
Please Share the Community Outreach and Group Sales Manager job: