FirstWorks is a Providence, Rhode Island-based non-profit arts organization dedicated to enhancing the cultural, educational, and economic vitality of our community by engaging audiences with world-class performing arts and education programs and is the Founding Partner and Co-Producer of PVDFest, Providence’s signature arts festival. FirstWorks’ public performances, whether with iconic guest artists or world-class local ensembles, are framed with extensive community interaction and provide pathways to opportunities for thousands of low-income students in Rhode Island.
The Communications Manager works with the FirstWorks team, including the Marketing Manager, and is responsible for developing and executing FirstWorks marketing strategy and messaging. Reporting to the Executive Artistic Director, they will develop and guide communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate FirstWorks mission and brand. The Communications Manager will play a key role in managing external relations in the community. The appropriate candidate will be capable of serving as a unifying force and implementing communications plans at both the strategic and tactical levels.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across all FirstWorks programs, for partners and audiences, in collaboration with the FirstWorks team
- Develop metrics and evaluation ROI for sales, brand, and engagement goals, in conjunction with the Executive Artistic Director to assure growth of brand awareness
- Steward community relationships and manage external communications
- Implement targeted marketing initiatives including traditional print and digital media, to effectively reach specific audiences and needs
- Perform marketing research, compile and analyze data on competitors and trends, generate regular reports on FirstWorks analytics and strategy effectiveness, take the lead on creating new strategies and relationships to drive revenues
- Manage the Marketing team, including experienced Marketing Manager and graphic designer
- Hire and supervise marketing contractors, effectively delegate tasks and oversee execution, clearly communicate expectations and goals, facilitate regular team meetings, and provide regular feedback
- Supervise media sponsor relationships, and community outreach to affinity organizations and local influencers
- Support and develop written content and image selection for branded emails, letters, social media posts and campaigns, offline marketing material, website content, ensuring overall messaging and brand uniformity
- Support and develop collateral resources across the organization with overall brand conformity, including Annual Report
- Ensure timely updates to the website, in collaboration with FirstWorks’ Marketing Manager
- Manage Marketing committee, prepare reports, and participate in Board of Directors meetings as needed
- Represent FirstWorks at events and within the community as needed
- Manage fiscal tracking of overall Marketing budget
- Relevant experience in developing marketing and communications strategies
- Experience working with cultural nonprofits and knowledge of arts marketing best practices preferred
- Proficient knowledge of social media platforms
- Relationship builder with the ability to represent the organization in conversations with sponsors, media partners and community leaders
- Ability to do strategy and planning, as well as implementation and execution
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational abilities with keen attention to detail
- Track record of overseeing, prioritizing, and executing multiple deadlines
- Ability to generate enthusiasm for the organization, elicit cooperation, and get information over the phone, via email, and in person.
- Ability to understand presented projects and craft talking points as needed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Facile knowledge/user of software applications (i.e., Microsoft 365, Adobe, InDesign, DropBox), familiarity with SalesForce/Patron Manager, and Asana a plus
Anticipated Salary Range:
$50,000-$70,000, full-time preferred, ¾ time and flexible work arrangements considered.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, three references and a work sample to email@example.com
Benefits include health and dental insurance, vacation; and the ability to have an impact on creating access and engagement with the arts and bettering the lives of people in Providence and across Rhode Island. FirstWorks is a fully vaccinated workplace, currently operating in-office and virtually. Employment is contingent upon proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
FirstWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workplace. Women, gender nonconforming, persons of color, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, communication, culture, manager, marketing, and non-profit. States: Rhode Island.
Please Share the Communications Manager job: