Part-Time Communications Coordinator
About GoggleWorks Center for the Arts
GoggleWorks is a place to develop skills, ask questions, experiment freely, and investigate the human spirit. Here we create a dialogue between the established and the experimental, the contemporary and the traditional. Through exceptional arts
education and engaging community programming, we inspire people to expand the boundaries of art making, personal growth, and appreciation for material culture.
GoggleWorks supports aspiring, emerging, and established artists through year-round arts education; including workshops, classes, visiting artists, residencies, summer camps, studio access, and exhibitions. Additionally, GoggleWorks offers a robust schedule of community programs and special events; including Arts Festival Reading, monthly Spotlight Nights, and our After School Arts Program.
GoggleWorks’ mission is to nurture the arts, foster creativity, promote education, and enrich the community.
Under the direction of the Marketing Director, the communications coordinator will enhance and reinforce GoggleWorks’ unique brand experience through social media presence, e-blasts, website, and print publications, as well as serve as a liaison for media outlets and assisting in public relations. In coordination with graphics and creative, the communications coordinator is responsible for publishing all internal and external communications with the purpose of increasing visitor/audience engagement, building GoggleWorks’ community, and maximizing the impact of GoggleWorks’ programs.
Graphics & Advertising Coordinator, Exhibitions Coordinator
● Act as a liaison between GoggleWorks and key stakeholders (studio artists, arts partners, renters, staff) to write/distribute important campus-wide news and events.
● Maintain and fulfill all digital and print communications in a style and manner consistent with the organization’s brand standards, key messages, and tone, to including:
● Publishing timely content on GoggleWorks’ website
● Writing and distributing regular enews to target audience segments
● Writing copy for special and recurring events, promotional materials, and printed publications (i.e. course catalogs, brochures, postcards)
● Maintaining and growing our existing social media presence and engagement on Facebook and Instagram
● Maintaining and developing internal and external contact lists; including, but not limited to key stakeholders, members, studio artists, press, and partners Public Relations
● Maintaining and developing press lists and key media contacts, draft and distribute press releases, and assist with press request fulfillment
● Write editorial copy for local print and online publications
● Maintain ongoing archive of press coverage
● Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus 2 years experience working in communications/public relations
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Ability to write and publish dynamic content across multiple channels (e.g. newsletters, website, blog, and social media) with consistent organizational
voice and tone
● Background or experience writing about visual arts and artists/creatives a plus
● Ability to work self-directed and within a small group, manage several projects
at once, and meet critical deadlines
● Ability to juggle and prioritize competing deadlines
● Highly organized and detail-oriented
● Previous experience managing corporate or organizational social media accounts (Facebook,Instagram, Twitter) preferred
● Photography and/or videography skills a plus
● Proficient in MS Word and Excel; Google Apps
● Working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, Zoho a plus
● Passion for GoggleWorks’ mission and community
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race,
color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status,
sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without
consideration of these or any other factors that are prohibited by law.
How to Apply
Send your resume, two relevant writing samples, and cover letter as a PDF attachment
with subject line “Communications Coordinator Position” to Nova Harris at
Please Share the Communications Coordinator job: