• Title: Communications Coordinator
• Status & Hrs: Part-time 15-20 hours/week, flexible schedule Rate: $30/hr
• Reports to: LxNY Steering Committee
LxNY: Latinx Arts Consortium of New York (www.lxnyarts.org/) is a peer network dedicated to knowledge exchange, resource-sharing, and collective action towards systemic change. Formed in 2020 by organizations serving Latinx communities and artists across New York City, LxNY aims to transform the historical underfunding of Latinx arts by advocating for the equity-driven missions of our cultural institutions, nurturing our deep relationships with community, and stewarding our hard-fought legacies into the future. Advancing cultural work as essential work, LxNY honors the expertise of our multigenerational arts leaders and culture bearers, harnessing their collective experience to better serve the city’s diverse cultural landscape.
LxNY seeks an energetic and organized self-starter to coordinate internal and external communications in close collaboration with the steering committee. In addition, the communications coordinator will manage social media accounts and website updates, schedule meetings, track notes and data produced by the LxNY network, and other tasks as assigned such as: event planning of quarterly consortium meet-ups, outreach management (website content and event calendar updates; contact database management, powerpoint presentations, email announcements and quarterly newsletters; publication editing and layout in Photoshop/InDesign; basic graphic design).
The job is currently almost entirely remote, but may eventually involve in-person meetings later in 2022.
- Scheduling meetings for the LxNY network and steering committee, both internally and with outside stakeholders, including foundations and other potential funders; tracking meeting schedule and sending reminders as needed.
- Running/administering Zoom meetings for the steering committee and network
- Managing the LxNY social media accounts: currently only Instagram but this will potentially expand to other platforms. Posting regularly to increase visibility for LxNY, interacting with peer network accounts as well as artists and cultural workers in the Latinx communities of NYC, managing the cross-posting by network members, etc. Developing a social media strategy in consultation with the steering committee that can serve the whole network.
- Sending invitations and letters to potential network organizations and potential funders; working with steering committee members to write and revise copy for these communications.
- Updating the LxNY Arts website as needed (simple page updates, not design changes), and coordinating with the LxNY web designer if needed for any more significant changes.
- Project Managing any print design projects, such as postcards or flyers etc., including coordinating with designers and printing companies, etc.
- Managing LxNY digital assets including email account, WhatsApp chats, Google documents, contact info, and other data compiled by LxNY
- Taking notes and tracking follow-up tasks from Steering committee meetings
- Assist at meetings and events both virtual and in person
- Any other administrative duties reasonably related to the functions described above
- Fully Bilingual English/Spanish a must (reading, writing, speaking).
- Passion for arts and culture, and ideally a passion for social justice and its intersection with arts & culture.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Experience and comfort with Google Docs, Microsoft office, and other software applications. Experience in web design a plus.
- Experience with zoom and organizing and running zoom meetings.
- Fluency in strategic social media management (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter) and managing channel relationships to increase reach, build relationships and organize.
- Fluency in Squarespace web platform.
- Interest in sharing the work and stories of 25+ NY-based Latinx arts organizations
- Is learning / well versed in cultural equity initiatives and contemporary poc arts, and landscape of poc cultural organizations.
- Is skilled at following a style guide, chopping up video and audio to educate and organize content.
- Exceptional attention to detail in communications and data management
- Comfort with analytics and metrics.
- Ability to work independently and to take ownership of tasks without too much supervision.
- 1-2 years experience in arts or non-profit administration preferred.
Email a cover letter and resume to LxNY at email@example.com with “(YOUR NAME) – LxNY Communications Coordinator” listed in the subject line.
No phone calls or mail submissions.
LxNYis an Equal Opportunity Employer: LxNY provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: arts, communication, coordinator, culture, and non-profit. States: New York.
Please Share the Communications Coordinator job: