Freelance Children’s Violin and Cello Instructor
Passionate about Music and Creative Youth Development?
Want to make music and cultures relevant, accessible, and inclusive?
Apply to become a candidate for the Violin and Cello instructor at an award-winning Stamford-based organization!
Founded in 2011, INTEMPO is a Stamford, CT-based non-profit arts education and youth-development organization whose mission is to make music education relevant, accessible, and inclusive through the use of classical and cross-cultural instruments and repertoire. INTEMPO aims to close the opportunity gap for youth and create a more inclusive community through the arts and youth-leadership.
The organization’s recent accomplishments include receiving the 2019 Adolf Busch Award and being named a finalist in the 2016 and 2017 National Youth Arts and Humanities Program awards by the President’s Committee of Arts and Humanities. The organization was also selected by Carnegie Hall as the first investment in Connecticut through its PlayUSA grant.
Children’s Violin and Cello Instructor
• To teach violin and cello in a small group and private setting
• MONDAYS 4:30-7:30 PM (Summer Camp August 5-9, 2019 and September 2019 through June 2020)
• Cross-cultural repertoire and programming for Spring 2020 symphonic concert and more!
• Valuable professional development is offered through a partnership with Carnegie Hall PlayUSA program
* Job Type: Contract
* Salary: $45.00 to $65.00 / hour (negotiable based on experience)
* Education: Bachelor of Music in violin and/or cello (or Music Education) Preferred
* Experience: 2 years of teaching experience (Minimum)
Please Share the Children’s Violin and Cello Instructor job: