Full-Time Chief Executive Officer
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: Board of Trustees
The Players Centre for Performing Arts, Sarasota’s first performing arts organization seeks a CEO / Executive Director to lead the organization as it moves into its next phase.
The Players Centre, beginning in 1929, paved the way for what has become Florida’s Culture Coast.
This year, The Players Centre is celebrating its 90th birthday and is in the midst of a Capital Campaign and a move to a new location.
The Players Centre has partnered with Schroeder -Manatee Ranch, the developers of Lakewood Ranch Communities-the #1 multi-generational community in the country.
The Players are actively working with selected architects and builder to design and build a 500 seat Main Stage Theater, Cabaret, Black Box and Studio.
- Create and implement strategies to meet both the long and short-term goals of the organization, with a specific focus on strategic planning and fund-raising functions.
- Ensure the fiscal sustainability of The Players with a professional development plan, excellent management skills and revenue generation.
- Collaborate with the staff member(s) responsible for performance and education programming in the development and operation of a high-quality, sustainable, and mission-centered
- Empower the staff, engage diverse volunteers, collaborate with the Board, and connect with the greater community through public speaking, social media and strong marketing and external relations.
- Provide a positive and professional environment to enhance the experience of the entire community our volunteers, staff and patrons.
In accordance with the mission and goals of the organization, the CEO provides complete over site on:
- Full operational and financial oversight of the center.
- Ensuring an ongoing and organization-wide focus on the mission statement.
- Ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management responsibilities and long-range strategic planning.
- Maximize overall revenue in order to generate sufficient funds to operate and maintain the facility.
- Lead the organization with a positive spirit of collaboration and transparency, maintain on-going dialogues with the Centre’s staff, resident companies, funders, external clients, audience members, the media, government agencies and other stakeholders.
The CEO will develop, implement and collaborate with Advancement Staff in a development plan to meet the short and long-term needs of the organization, which will specifically include the following duties:
- In collaboration with the Board, implement a measurable development plan, including donor identification and cultivation, direct solicitation, board-directed fundraising campaigns, and fundraising
- Engage prospective contributors throughout the development
- Adhere to ethical standards of the Association of Fundraising Professionals in the solicitation and utilization of contributions.
- Oversee internal systems and processes to track, report, and acknowledge
- Research, apply for, and administer grant funding
The CEO will supervise assigned employees and oversee all human resource activities of The Players including hiring and training retention of staff. The CEO will also oversee training, performance appraisals as well as payroll and benefits.
The CEO will ensure financial integrity through strong budgeting, planning, policies and procedures, which will specifically include the following duties:
- Collaborate with Finance Committee to develop an annual budget to protect the long-term financial health of the organization by sound
- Administer and analyze the budget and report on all financial matters to the
- Work with staff to monitor fiscal operations and make necessary adjustments and alert the Finance Committee on significant variances. Work with the Finance Committee, board and staff on necessary adjustments whenever the financial picture is not up to the
- Administer Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to maintain sound financial policies and procedures, and internal controls.
Bachelor’s degree required; an advanced degree in arts management, nonprofit management, or related field preferred.
Compensation and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Resumes and cover letters may be sent to:
Patty Campbell, H.R.
838 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL. 34236-4053
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: CEO, director, executive, executive director, and performing arts. States: Florida.
Please Share the Chief Executive Officer job: