Full-Time Chief Executive Officer Auditorium Theatre Roosevelt University
The Auditorium Theatre at Roosevelt University seeks a high-energy, proactive, and results-oriented CEO who inspires creativity and innovation and is a team player. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated leadership experience in the management of a complex organization related to the performing arts, i.e., the management of a performing arts center, performing arts organization, or educational entity (deans of schools of music, performing arts, etc.). However, individuals from other sectors, i.e., corporate, government or general not-for-profit also will be given consideration providing they possess the requisite skill set.
The CEO of Auditorium Theatre will provide strategic, entrepreneurial and innovative leadership to grow and guide the organization’s significance and impact.
In partnership the CEO and Board of Directors will develop a vision and strategic plan for the Auditorium Theatre’s next chapter and work closely with its various constituents on the plan’s successful implementation and evaluation efforts. The vision will broadly define the direction for the Auditorium Theatre over the next decade and will lead to plans for programming, physical improvements and revenue generation.
The CEO will be responsible for identifying programming that coincides with the strategic direction of the institution.
The CEO will provide strategic, artistic and production leadership through the following responsibilities:
• Create an identity for the Auditorium Theatre, making it ’’the” place to see live entertainment in Chicago.
• Develop an appropriate mix of mission-based programming, partnerships and rentals according to the mission and the fiscal goals of the organization.
• Seek out opportunities of synergy with the University to provide students, faculty and staff with unique opportunities to experience and learn from world-class artistic performances.
Additionally, the CEO will work to establish relationships both locally and nationally with corporations, foundations and individuals as a key advocate for the Auditorium Theatre.
Key responsibilities include:
• Work with the Chief Development Officer to make new strategic philanthropic connections.
• Directly participate with the Board of Directors in building relationships with civic, corporate and philanthropic leaders.
• Act as the primary spokesperson for the Auditorium Theatre to the media, constituents, and the community in general.
• Work with the Chief Marketing Officer to develop and monitor appropriate public relations, marketing, and public affairs programs.
• Work with the Chief Operating Officer to create an atmosphere of service throughout the organization and ensure that front-of-house, back stage and other support personnel provide high quality and valuable service to all clients, artists and audiences/members.
• Assist in creating significant sponsorship opportunities to ensure that programming is mission-driven and financially successful.
As the key administrative officer, the CEO will be responsible for the following activities:
• Develop and implement management strategy and administrative policies that support the mission and advance the artistic and financial goals of the organization.
• Work with the Chief Financial Officer to create and monitor the annual budgets, both operating and capital, to ensure short and long term fiscal health; likewise, making certain that cash flow permits the
organization to make steady progress towards achievement of the mission and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential.
• Provide on-going strategic leadership to the organization; work to position the Auditorium Theatre and further develop the brand, and work closely with the Chief Programming Officer to further refine the programming vision and ensure its fulfillment.
• Oversee organizational structure and staffing plans, hire, motivate, monitor, evaluate and replace staff as needed; manage annual employee evaluations and compensation programs.
• Maximize staff resources to achieve cost effectiveness and optimal service to clients and patrons;
• Promote a healthy working relationship with union personnel and lead in negotiations with unions regarding contracts.
• Ensure a transparent operating relationship with the University.
The CEO reports directly to Ali Malekzadeh, President of Roosevelt University, and will serve on his Executive Council.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, management, performing arts, theatre, and university. States: Illinois.
Please Share the Chief Executive Officer Auditorium Theatre Roosevelt University job: