• Job Title: Business Manager
• Status: Full-Time Salaried
• Department: Finance
• Reports To: Finance Director
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Revised: June 1, 2021
The Business Manager supports the Finance Director and Event Staff, in the areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, event settlement, reconciliation of ticket sales, and other general financial duties. In addition, this position is responsible for the management and implementation of the concession sales including inventory control, purchasing, and supervision of concession staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee cash flow, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger activities related to the day-to-day business operations.
- Provide appropriate information to outside auditors and assist with final preparation of year-end financial reporting.
- Reconcile box office sales as well as review, monitor, and reconcile Ticketmaster settlements reports on a regular basis.
- Offer support to event staff and work directly with promoters and vendors to prepare event settlement details prior to, during, and after event occurrence.
- Have a complete understanding of all event contracts and the terms of settlement related to facility events. Finalizing all financial settlements in a timely manner upon completion of each event through profit and loss reporting.
- Manage all beverage and merchandise services offered including the supervision and scheduling of part-time concessions managers and employees, inventory control, and purchasing of product.
- Greet the general public and clients in a courteous manner, help resolve customer problems as necessary, and provide appropriate information to Hoyt Sherman Place patrons in carrying out the day-to-day responsibilities inherent with this position.
- Perform other duties, functions and special projects as assigned by Finance Director or Executive Director.
Supervises Concessions Managers and part time concessions staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
HOURS OF WORK
This position is fulltime, salary position with a flexible work schedule. Work hours and schedules vary each week, depending on event calendar, and will require working evenings and weekends.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree from four-year College or university in a Business and/or Theater Management related field.
Experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable, and related reporting.
Experience with inventory control procedures.
Knowledge of Quickbooks accounting systems, online ticket sale software, or products similar to those.
Knowledge of accounting and business practices using generally accepted accounting principles as they apply to not-for-profit organizations and/or theater management.
Ability to demonstrate a calm, composed presence in an often fast-paced environment where multiple tasks, events and stimulus may occur simultaneously.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES / REGISTRATIONS
Applicant must possess current valid driver’s license and a current working cell phone with a number that can be accessed by Hoyt Sherman Place personnel for business contact purposes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIROMENT and EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. HSPF is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Hoyt Sherman Place Foundation strives to be an inclusive organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three references by Wednesday, June 30, 2021, to Alicia Ver Huel, Finance Director, by email (email@example.com)
or by mail (1501 Woodland Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309).
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: finance, management, manager, non-profit, performing arts, and theatre. States: Iowa.
Please Share the Business Manager job: