Part-Time Box Office Manager
PACIFIC RESIDENT THEATRE
Pacific Resident Theatre is Venice, California’s premiere ensemble theatre located in the heart of the thriving arts district. Founded by actors 30 years ago, PRT remains dedicated to its mission to produce classics, rarely performed plays, and new works by contemporary playwrights.
PRT seeks a person who shares passion for our mission and is interested in growing with the company.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, service oriented team player with at least 3 – 5 years experience in a customer service position and/or degree in theater management.
Hours: 27 hrs./week
Rate of Pay: $15.00/hr. Training provided.
Reports or is accountable to: Administrative Manager
The Box Office Manager will head a busy ticketing office for four performance spaces housed in an historic building. This key position is often the first or main point of contact with our audiences through phones, email, online ticketing, and in person. The Manager sets the tone of patient, high quality customer service and communicates this to patrons, audiences, and staff. The box office operates at varying degrees of intensity throughout the year, depending on the season schedule.
- 3 – 5 years experience in a customer service position and/or degree in theater management
- Love of the performing arts
- Natural multi-tasker, who maintains high level of detail
- Fluent with PC operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Outlook or related email platform
- Familiarity with iContact or similar email communications platform
- Team player willing to pitch in and solve problems to ensure a positive experience for our audiences
- Familiarity with Venice and surrounding communities is a plus
- Natural collaborator who effectively communicates with our audiences and artistic and administrative staff
- Primary contact for new and returning patrons, audiences, and season subscribers
- Serves as primary staff in the box office and coordinate additional staff, as needed
- Enter new shows into ticketing system and keep show information current (dates, cast, review notices, extensions etc.)
- Place tickets on discount ticketing sites in conjunction with Administrative Manager
- Take show reservations over the phone, receive and respond to email and phone messages
- Generate door list, check in patrons before shows, and run nightly box office reports
- Manage and order concessions and supplies
- Heads up volunteer usher and concessions staff
- Interact with social media and marketing staff to keep them apprised of any time or date changes (extensions)
- Manage and update database of customers, donors, and subscribers
- Process subscriptions and donations
- Other related box office duties as assigned
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
Include a brief cover letter telling us why you are the best person for this position. No phone calls please. The position will remain open until filled.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: manager, sales, and theatre. States: California.
Please Share the Box Office Manager job: