PATRON Gallery seeks a dynamic and well rounded Associate Director to work along with and assist gallery owners in leading and managing the day to day operations of gallery, artists, and client relationships.
The ideal candidate should possess a passion and knowledge of contemporary art and a strong belief in an artist focused structure.
This full-time position requires strong administrative skills, a team oriented mind set, and exceptional multitasking abilities.
Candidate must be personable, adaptable, and eager to participate in all gallery functions.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and organizational skills, outgoing personality, and flexibility.
They should also thrive when working closely with a tight-knit, growing team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Oversees the day to day operations of the gallery and office – answers phone, maintains website and social media presence, manages press inquiries, supervises archives and gallery database, oversees and purchases gallery supplies, manages overall gallery appearance and care, and supports other team members with unforeseen and time sensitive tasks.
* EXHIBITION MANAGEMENT (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
– oversees press releases, previews, loan and consignment preparation, condition reports, checklists, shipments, schedules photography, and overall exhibition organization. A highly detailed approach to Project Management is essential.
* ARTIST MANAGEMENT
– manages artist dossiers, cvs, and bios – coordinates and participates in studio visits, supports artist with projects and schedules, acts as liaison between artist studios and gallery, and assists with artist career development and management.
* SPECIAL EVENTS
– Coordinates and attends exhibition opening reception and artist related offsite events, coordinates restaurant reservations; menus, seating arrangements, sponsorships, and overall event organization in collaboration with Gallery Owners.
* TRAVEL & LODGING
– coordinates and manages flights, hotels, and ground transport for artists and in special circumstances for curators, and team members.
– coordinates and Assists with applications (image selection, texts, and time sensitive deadlines), schedules incoming and outgoing shipments to fairs, manages artist timeline for art deliveries, and oversees special events rsvp for owners and artists during fairs.
– Develop new sales avenues and relationships, Maintain current collector and curatorial relationships, Initiate new collector and curatorial relationships, Represent PATRON to the outside world, Coordinate with Gallery Owners to ensure collector and institutional needs are met.
Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphases on professionalism, discretion, and diplomacy.
Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
High computer proficiency – Adobe suite and photoshop preferred
Superior writing skills – proofreading, editing, and creative writing
Bachelor’s degree preferred
2 – 4 years in gallery, museum, or non-profit preferred
Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience, and benefits are included.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
– To apply please send CV and Cover Letter to Natalia Souza at email@example.com.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, exhibition, and Gallery Director. States: Illinois.
Please Share the Associate Director job: