Full-Time Associate Director of Development
Associate Director of Development
The Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) seeks a permanent, full-time, benefits-eligible Associate Director of Development, reporting to the Director and CEO, located at 900 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA. The CAC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to ethnicity, gender identity, age, or sexual orientation. Interested candidates should submit an application by no later than August 1, 2018.
The Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) is a multidisciplinary arts center dedicated to the presentation, production, and promotion of the art of our time. It expresses its mission by organizing world class curated exhibitions, performances, and public programs; educating and enlarging audiences for the arts; and encouraging collaboration among diverse stakeholders composed of artists, institutions,
communities, and supporters throughout the world.
The CAC was formed as a non-collecting art institution in the fall of 1976 by a passionate group of artists when the movement to tear down the aesthetic barriers between the visual and performing arts was active nationwide. Housed in a historic four-story 80,000 square foot building with two adjacent 10,000 square foot warehouses, the CAC boasts among its many physical assets a 210 seat flexible theater as well as 12,500 square feet of formal exhibition spaces. The CAC’s audience development and artistic programs are engaged in major multi-year projects funded by The Wallace Foundation and The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, as well as a host of regional and national philanthropic and governmental agencies.
The Development Department is responsible for managing the contributed revenue of the CAC through public and private grants, corporate sponsorships, individual donations, and the CAC’s membership and special event programs.
1. Design development strategy and oversee ongoing development efforts for the CAC working with the senior management team to identify funds needed, funding targets, and funding approaches
2. Support and partner with the Director and CEO and Board of Trustees on all major fundraising initiatives and staff/oversee Development Committee
3. Oversee development and execution of all fundraising proposals, including corporate sponsorship and local and national grants and grant compliance/reporting
4. Oversee special event fundraising
5. Oversee and support membership efforts with focus on outreach and growth initiatives, with special emphasis on relationship-building and donor management of Silver Circle, President’s Council and Exhibition Fund level members
6. Devise and implement special fundraising projects as needed ie. capital campaign, programmatic campaigns, etc.
6/13/2018 Job Descriptions FY18
Contemporary Arts Center – Human Resources
7. Oversee all donor information using the Altru database system, provide statistical analysis to
board and senior leaders as needed, and support staff responsible for daily Altru functions and
8. Further develop and maintain a robust and diverse donor base and prospect base, with emphasis on growing individual support
9. Implement an expanded stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
10. Work closely with External Affairs to ensure that the CAC communicates to its stakeholders the CAC’s fundraising goals and achievements and appropriately acknowledges supporters
11. Work closely with Finance Department on budget management and reporting related to revenues across departments
12. Work with outside stakeholders and community members to increase awareness of the CAC’s work and opportunities for supporting the CAC
13. Oversee the hiring, training, and mentoring of the development team, as well as additional staff, interns or contractors related to special projects
• Reports to the Director and CEO
• Supervises full-time Institutional Giving Manager and full-time Development Manager
• Co-manages full-time Patron Services/Membership Manager
• Five or more years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization;
• Proven success leading and managing fundraising at the organizational level;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships;
• Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives;
• Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will
productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the organization;
• High energy and passion for the Contemporary Arts Center’s mission is essential;
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail;
• Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
How to apply
Application will only be accepted through the application portal. Interested candidates should complete an application form linked below and must include (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter with salary requirements.
Phone calls regarding the position will not be accepted.
LINK TO APPLICATION PORTAL: https://goo.gl/forms/LtDcEkhhDFeDdYFo1
Apply for this Job