Associate Director of Education
Tulsa Ballet is seeking an energetic, business-minded individual to help lead our Center for Dance Education into the next phase of its financial and artistic growth.
This position shares a split focus between ensuring the highest artistic quality training for our students, and expanding the reach and enrollment of our two campuses through recruitment initiatives, community outreach, and financial planning.
The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial mindset and drive, with a passion to further the art form and instill the love of dance in our students.
This is an Associate Director position with potential to advance.
Primary Purpose of Job:
Envision, coordinate and supervise, in concert with the Director of Education, all artistic facets of the education department of Tulsa Ballet, including but not limited to coordinating and supervising all the activities of the schools’ artistic personnel, implementation of Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education (TBCDE) curriculum at both campuses, oversight of Tulsa Ballet Trainee program, and managing existing/creating new outreach programs. The Associate Director of Education will envision and participate in the recruiting, planning and activities for the school year, will support and coordinate the implementation of such activities and work with the artistic and administrative team to retain the student body throughout the school year, while focusing on expanding it for future years. The Associate Director of Education will also coordinate the year end performances for TBCDE.
List duties and responsibilities
- Support the artistic vision and strategic plan of Tulsa Ballet Theatre, Inc. and the vision of the Artistic Director, through the development and growth of Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education (TBCDE) and the fulfillment of its mission and objectives.
- Inspire students to develop a love for the art form by providing loving care within the instruction without compromising or lowering teaching standards. Provide leadership and support for all efforts necessary to foster the continual growth and development of TBCDE in size, scope and efficacy.
- Provide input, tracking and reporting for school budget and finances, ensuring the financial health of TBCDE and contributing to the financial stability of Tulsa Ballet.
- Implement a professional curriculum and syllabus for all levels of TBCDE in consultation with Director of Education and Company’s Artistic Director.
- Develop and implement schedule of classes in consultation with TBCDE artistic and administrative staff and Artistic Director.
- Provide leadership, direction and actively participate in recruitment, screening and development of students through appropriate placement, class assignments, performance opportunities, evaluations and ongoing dialogue with students and parents.
- In collaboration with Director of Education, TBCDE Education Managers and General Manager, develop and implement school policies and procedures for students, faculty and parents.
- Teach daily TBCDE classes.
- Co-supervise, mentor, and evaluate the job performance of TBCDE Faculty members to ensure consistency between artistic vision and the actual training of students.
- Consult with the Principal Company Pianist regarding scheduling and evaluations of piano accompanists.
- Conceptualize, supervise, coordinate and choreograph selected sections for the End of Year Performances. Assist other Faculty Members in the planning and execution of the end of the year performance.
- Coordinate auditions, curriculum and schedule for Pointe to the Future Summer Workshop and any other summer camps or classes.
- Coordinate Trainee Program, including recruitment, staffing, schedules, career advisement, performance opportunities, etc. Building relationships with other schools and eligible dancers will be a key role. This may include recruiting at various national and international ballet competitions.
- Maintain licensing of the Trainee and TBII programs with OBPVS and continue process to achieve SEVP certification.
- Provide artistic and organizational support to other programs of TBCDE and TBII.
- Assist marketing staff with promotion of TBCDE and Tulsa Ballet Theatre as needed, including but not limited to assisting with media interviews and providing support to the Marketing staff in relation marketing and PR activities.
- Assist in developing a long-term artistic and financial plan addressing the fiscal, artistic and audience development objectives of TBCDE as adopted in Tulsa Ballet’s Long Range Financial Plan.
- Oversee and participate in the planning and execution of TBCDE Education and Outreach programs including, but not limited to Jack and the Beanstalk, Leaps Ahead, Leaps in Motion, Project Create, Sharing Dance, and after school community programs.
- Ensure all outreach programs meets educator’s expectations and relevant funding requirements. Provide reports for the Development department on progress of programs and funding requirements.
Tulsa Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, ballet, director, and education. States: Oklahoma.
Please Share the Associate Director of Education job: