Assistant to the Executive Director (Theater)
Second Stage Theatre→ New York, New York, United States
About Second Stage Theater
At Second Stage, we create and champion plays and musicals solely from living American writers. On our mainstage Broadway theater, the Hayes, and in our two Off Broadway theaters over the past 40 years, we have developed and presented over 200 daring and provocative theatrical experiences by working with countless artists who have contributed their talents to our award-winning productions. As the only Broadway company exclusively devoted to living American writers Second Stage is dedicated to introducing the world to bold and diverse voices of American creativity.
Second Stage is seeking an Assistant (EA) to support the Executive Director in the daily operations of the organization. The EA serves in a critical position at Second Stage that streamlines and enhances the efficiency and communication between the Executive Director and the various departments in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment. This role is an entry-level position that requires strong organizational and communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide direct daily support to the Executive Director
- Maintain multiple calendars
- Schedule a high volume of meetings and calls including all staff and senior staff meetings
- Coordinate scheduling of Board of Directors meetings and events, and attend meetings as needed
- Coordinate travel and transportation arrangements, including booking and drafting itineraries
- Track, report and reconcile expenses
- Assist in the planning and execution of events such as the Second Stage staff/Board luncheon, Tony Award related events, and other City, State and National award events
- Draft general correspondence and produce documents and briefings
- Attend meetings and take detailed notes, including at senior staff and department heads meetings
- Liaise with other staff, departments, production teams, and consultants, including EDI consultants, Executive Search consultants, and Strategic Planning consultants
- Provide adequate follow-up after all meetings to ensure communication flows smoothly and information is tracked
- Coordinate personal support as needed
- 2+ years of professional administrative experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to prioritize, attention to detail
- Experience handling confidential information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook required. Working knowledge of social media and file-share platforms needed
- Knowledge of nonprofit environment and fundraising terminology preferred
- Enthusiasm for theater and a working knowledge of the industry is a must
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- This position reports to the Executive Director and may require availability on some nights and weekends
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position in the range of $45-55K
Benefits: Second Stage offers a full benefits package including vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and long-term disability coverage upon eligibility.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.
How to Apply
Second Stage Theatre
New York, New York, United States
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: assistant director, executive, non-profit, and performing arts. States: New York.
Please Share the Assistant to the Executive Director (Theater) job: