Full-Time Assistant Technical Director – Harris Center for the Arts
Folsom Lake College
Assistant Technical Director – Harris Center for the Arts
Job Posting Number: C01034P
Salary: $4,534.42 per monthLRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Plus shift differential.
Closing Date: 08/30/2019
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/12221
Under supervision of the assigned supervisor/manager, assist the Technical Director with planning, organizing, directing and supporting the technical aspects of events and activities of the Harris Center for the Arts, including, but not limited to, stage set-up, lighting, sound, related production functions for professional, student and community productions and other related work as required. [For a detailed job description for this LRSA Los Rios Supervisors Association posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to Harris Center for the Arts, 10 College Park Way, Folsom, CA 95630.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
● Assist with overseeing and controlling technical aspects of daily event operations, including the planning, organizing and directing of event load-ins, set-ups, and strikes, and use of the facility’s sound, lighting, stage and other technical equipment and systems.
● Act as lead for technical operations in the absence of the Technical Director.
● Oversee and coordinate the work assignments of theater technical personnel in the Technical Director’s absence.
● Assist with the recruitment and training of temporary employees; direct and coordinate the work assignments of temporary classified staff (e.g., a pool of 15-40 stagehands).
● Work with Technical Director to ensure appropriate levels of staffing and supervision for presented, rental, and academic events and activities.
● Provide written reports documenting technical operations, such as stage supervisor reports, incident reports, and technical event summaries (indicating staffing, equipment and facility usage) needed to settle events.
● Interact with facility users, Center staff and other college and district personnel when planning, coordinating and executing center programs, services and events.
● Oversee, direct and coordinate the use of assigned areas (e.g., stages and backstage areas) and equipment by outside entities and academic departments.
● In advance of events, assist with contacting student organizations, campus departments, community organizations, commercial promoters and other users to ascertain the technical requirements and staffing needs of their events, and prepare written advance sheets with cost estimates to document, summarize and communicate these discussions.
● Assist with the review and compliance of technical riders for artists, working with artists’ staff to ensure events are successfully coordinated.
● Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of the center, college and district.
● Assist in developing and instituting Center policies and procedures.
● Assist with budget planning and expense monitoring for technical equipment and staffing.
● Assist the Technical Director in their role as chief safety officer for the stage and backstage areas with the development, implementation and monitoring of a safety program.
● Perform and coordinate limited set construction, painting, rigging and other theater craft activities as needed.
● Assist in the specification and purchase of equipment and equipment upgrades.
● Work with a wide variety of vendors to obtain supplies, rental equipment and services in conformance with related policies and procedures.
● Help to develop and oversee a program for equipment inventory and security.
● Assist with development and execution of a preventative maintenance program for technical equipment and theatre systems.
● Inspect, monitor and evaluate theatrical equipment and work-related conditions to determine compliance with prescribed operating, safety and manufacturer’s guidelines.
● Train staff in proper maintenance and use of equipment.
● Enter data and other information into computers to assist with coordinating of events, maintaining of records, and communication with others.
● Perform related duties as assigned.
Possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343; employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of related experience in a professional theatrical “Road House” setting, including coordination of stage operations and practical experience working with modern sound and computerized lighting systems.
One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement.
EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in technical theater or related field; OR, an associate’s degree from an accredited institution in technical theater or related field, AND two additional years of experience (total of five years experience); OR, five additional years of relevant experience (total of eight years experience).
One year of education is equal to 30 semester units.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/12221Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, assistant, director, technical, and Technical director. States: California.
Please Share the Assistant Technical Director – Harris Center for the Arts job: