Full-Time Assistant Professor of Video Art
The Division of Expanded Media in the School of Art and Design, NYSCC at Alfred University, is seeking candidates for a tenure track position of Assistant Professor of Video Art. Candidates must have demonstrated commitment to experimental time-based practices and to a pedagogy that includes hands-on investigations of current and emerging video systems. Candidates must be conversant with the history of video art and theories of the moving image. International candidates are welcome to apply.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide students with a rich educational environment for experimentation and personal growth
- Able to engage video arts practices and pedagogical approaches that may include, but are not limited to real-time video processing, video installation, experimental narrative, multi-channel projection, audio-visual performance, 3D animation, electronic toolmaking, and emerging exhibition and distribution strategies
- Must be open to dialogues across other art forms at Alfred University especially those concerning experimental music, interactive art, speculative illustration design and performance art
- Will have the opportunity to develop new curriculum and collaborative courses across the school of Art and Design and will have the opportunity to work with technical specialists in ongoing studio development
- Able to engage art theory as it relates to the moving image within a global multicultural context and address the intersection of video systems with emerging media tools
- Must have a strong commitment to teaching undergraduate and graduate students.
- Minimum qualifications include an M.F.A. in video art and/or new media
- The successful candidate will have an active exhibition record and established recognition in the field; three years teaching experience or equivalent is required; salary will be commensurate with experience
Expanded Media Video Art Studios
The video facilities of the Division of Expanded Media are home to the longest standing educational video art studios in the United States. The studios comprise varied, comprehensive and modular electronic tool sets. These tools and their histories are available for undergraduate and graduate students to explore for accomplishing personal, independent, advanced artworks. The studios are deeply connected to real-time image processing, and performative imaging systems. The video arts program was established in 1969 and the studios built in 1970. Since then the program has grown keeping both our historical and emerging video systems in an exploratory relationship.
For further information about the position, contact Search Chair, Assistant Professor Eric Souther at email@example.com.
Review of applications begins December 2, 2019 and is on-going until the position is filled. For more information about the Division of Expanded Media see: https://www.alfred.edu/academics/undergrad-majors-minors/art-expanded-media.cfm
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, arts education, assistant, exhibition, professor, and teaching. States: New York.
Please Share the Assistant Professor of Video Art job: