Assistant Manager of Events and Rentals
Reporting to the Manager of Groups, Events and Rentals, the Assistant Manager will support the coordination and execution of institutional special events and facility rentals (75%), assist with facility rental marketing (5%), and general administration (20%).
This is a full-time position with the Arena Stage’s Audience Services Department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently plan, organize and execute assigned events as directed, often in coordination with other Mead Center departments.
- Expertly communicate with Mead Center caterers and vendors to ensure the smooth execution of events.
- Coordinate with internal Production, Operations and Marketing departments to ensure the smooth coordination and execution of events.
- Format, finalize and distribute Event Memos and other event planning communications.
- Master the guidelines and procedures for facility rentals within the Mead Center and communicate them to all visitors and vendors before, during and after event rentals.
- Conduct client walkthroughs, capturing early event information, following up as needed, and moving an event to the contract phase.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Early morning, evening and weekend work required often outside of typical public transportation working hours required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree and two to four years of experience in special events, sales, arts management, and/or theater production. Experience or familiarity with theater, performing arts, museum, or cultural facility operations. Strong preference for an individual with experience or training in arts management and/or theater production. The ideal candidate must be a creative and strategic thinker with a passion for the arts.
Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of social etiquette and protocols. Experience utilizing and working within a CRM software and/or lead management – knowledge of Tessitura a plus. Ideal candidate will be a strong team player and collaborator with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve; the ability to maintain a calm demeanor and exude grace under pressure is required. Candidate must also possess professional and social poise and be a positive representative of Arena Stage in the community.
Computer skills utilized: Tessitura Software (version 15.1); Excel; Word; Outlook, Event/space usage software
To Apply, please use this link
ABOUT ARENA STAGE
Arena Stage was founded August 16, 1950 in Washington, D.C. by Zelda Fichandler, Tom Fichandler and Edward Mangum. Over 65 years later, Arena Stage at the Mead Center for American Theater, under the leadership of Artistic Director Molly Smith and Executive Director Edgar Dobie, is a national center dedicated to American voices and artists. Arena Stage produces plays of all that is passionate, profound, deep and dangerous in the American spirit, and presents diverse and ground-breaking work from some of the best artists around the country. Arena Stage is committed to commissioning and developing new plays and impacts the lives of over 10,000 students annually through its work in community engagement. Now in its seventh decade, Arena Stage serves a diverse annual audience of more than 300,000.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: assistant manager, communication, performing arts, and theatre. States: DC.
Please Share the Assistant Manager of Events and Rentals job: