Assistant Manager – Mayfair Arts Center
Chicago Human Rhythm Project (CHRP) presents percussive arts in performance, education, and community development programs throughout Chicago throughout the year. CHRP opened the Mayfair Arts Center (MAC) in 2022 as a public-facing arts center providing education programs for children, teens, adults, elders, and the professional arts community. The MAC also serves as an incubator for nonprofit companies and independent artists while preserving the legacy of the Sutton family’s Mayfair Academy, which provided arts education and performances to the South Side of Chicago for 63 years.
The position of Assistant Manager is a full-time, in-person position that will work directly with the MAC Program Manager. Assistant Manager will be primarily responsible for providing support with the business development, patron and client relations, execution of projects, programs, and events and play an essential role in assisting with managing the daily operations of the facility.
- Respond to partnership, residency, and studio rental inquiries, provide tours, and orient partners and renters before the rental period begins
- Ensure studio usage guidelines are adhered to
- Effectively, quickly, and respectfully address concerns of current/prospective clients or partners
- Take calls regarding programming and monitor studio email account/inbox
- Oversee front desk, handling studio paperwork, fee payments, and enrollment of students.
- Keep accurate records of attendance at classes, events, and workshops
- Monitor CHRP/MAC Social Media Platforms and work with MAC Resident Partners to generate Social Media content
- Oversee the daily cleaning and maintenance of MAC studios, dressing rooms, and lobby
- Additional tasks may be added as needed
Requirements of Eligible Candidates
- This position includes weekday afternoon/evening and weekend daytime hours primarily
- One year of customer service experience (required)
- Experience with Arts Administration, MindBody Software, and Constant Contact or equivalent software applications (required)
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Drive (required)
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (required)
- Excellent time management skills, a problem solver, and ability to multi-task
- Salary range $35,000 – $42,000
- Seven (7) paid holidays and vacation after six (6) months as defined in the employee manual
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, assistant manager, development, and performing arts. States: Illinois.
Please Share the Assistant Manager – Mayfair Arts Center job: