Full-Time Assistant Director – Performance Management
Westminster College of the Arts (WCA) of Rider University seeks an Assistant Director of Performance Management.
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-bargaining administrative position that reports to the Director of Performance Management.
Performance Management is responsible for the entire performance dimension of the WCA, comprising the School of Fine and Performing Arts, Westminster Choir College, Westminster Conservatory, and Westminster Continuing Education.
The successful candidate will have experience with box office, business, calendar, and planning operations.
The Westminster College of the Arts enrolls 500+ students in undergraduate and graduate programs, and nearly 2000 community members are enrolled in Conservatory programs. Annually, the WCA produces over 200 events, and is one of the most visible operations at Rider University.
To learn more about WCA, please visit
Working with the Director and other administrative staff, the Assistant Director plays a vital role in scheduling, ticket sales, and integrating the performance calendar with other University offices in order to promote and increase international visibility and branding for the College. Positive and professional events and communication ensure strong relationships with all constituencies.
The successful candidate will assist in management and production of college initiatives/events, and will supervise the Administrative Specialist. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Assist Director to implement policies for scheduling, box office, and marketing WCA liaison to Auxiliary Services. Liaison to Marketing Office regarding performance and event promotion and support.
- Supervise creation and maintenance of WCA performance and academic Integrate calendar and business operations with other appropriate offices. Coordinate information for public relations with Director, Marketing, and academic departments.
- Utilizing approved software and/or external vendors, supervise sales and tracking of tickets and related business operations
- Supervise box office operation for on- and off-campus
- Coordinate with Production Coordinator to execute logistics and contracts for all WCA off- campus
- Represent and help to market WCA to the internal and external
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training of graduate assistants and student
- Other duties as
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an arts discipline or arts
- Evidence of business operation, scheduling, and production
- Minimum of (2) years’ experience in a related
- Familiarity with scheduling processes and
- Ability to use MS Office and related software to produce reports and
- Experience supervising
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate and provide evidence of administrative abilities appropriate to this position.
These include the ability to:
- Work independently and as part of various teams
- Effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Pay attention to detail and use excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit calmness and flexibility
- Demonstrate strong professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working in a higher-education
- Demonstrated success managing a complex scheduling and ticketing
- The ability to work in both Macintosh and PC-based platforms is desired, as is familiarity with 25Live, Canvas, Banner or other educational scheduling and computer
To apply for position no.300065, please visit RiderHires at https://rider.peopleadmin.com/postings/6799
Please attach a letter of interest, C.V. or résumé, a statement outlining experience with artistic disciplines and diverse community members, and names and contact information for three recent professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, please submit all application materials by January 25, 2021.
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 386 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, assistant, director, human resources, management, and recruitment. States: New Jersey.
Please Share the Assistant Director – Performance Management job: