Full-Time Arts and Design Assistant
Responsible for providing creative assistance for the Center for the Arts programs, and the School of Visual and Performing Arts. Provides assistance to the Gallery Director in all aspects of exhibitions including installation, graphic design, shipping, packaging, design, login, and creation of data bases for artwork. Design, marketing, and publicizing events at the Walter J. Manninen Center for the Arts and the School of Visual and Performing Arts.
- Assist the Gallery Director with the installation and break-down of exhibits on and off campus;
- Designs supporting publicity and marketing materials for Visual and Performing Arts events (i.e. posters, postcards, catalogs, lettering
- Gallery preparation, labeling, and signage
- Prepare mailings for the Center for the Arts and the School of Visual and Performing Arts
- Data entry for collections management in past Perfect
- Upload content for Visual and Performing Arts in social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Constant Contact
- Website content editing and maintain online calendars;
- Attends meetings of the School of Visual and Performing Arts;
- Assists with components of all admissions, internship, and other events for School of Visual and Performing Arts
- Performs other duties as needed to meet the needs of the School and the College.
- Bachelor’s degree in art or design related field
- Must demonstrate excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- Collections database experience;
- Professional experience in art related field, professional experience in gallery setting
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (attendance/representation for events)
- Social Media Marketing experience (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Constant Contact)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to use a variety of carpentry and exhibit installation tools
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College’s objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, assistant, design, exhibition, gallery, marketing, media, school, and social media. States: Massachusetts.
Please Share the Arts and Design Assistant job: