Artistic Director for Community Theatre
Award-winning Elkhart Civic Theatre in northern Indiana seeks an artistic director to guide its 9+ production season.
The artistic director helps guide and shape the artistic vision of the theatre, working with the executive director, board, volunteers and other staff in a collaborative manner. The artistic director will have a broad knowledge of theatrical literature, and have experience in most facets of theatre production. The candidate must be willing to work under deadline as part of a team of both professionals and volunteers.
- Guides the artistic strategy and vision of the theatre, paying special attention to ECT’s diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments.
- Develops and mentors volunteer talent, especially performers and production teams (e.g., directors, assistant directors, stage managers).
- Works with the executive director, other staff and committees to implement the artistic vision of the theatre.
- Works with volunteer directors to develop the artistic focus for each show, with input from the technical director.
- Advises show directors and executive director on the artistic needs of each production including costuming, set design and décor, and other artistic aspects.
- Oversees various artistic assets of the theatre (library, costume collection, props and furniture collections, etc.)
- Attends rehearsals as necessary to ensure a high standard of quality and provides insight and advice to production teams.
- Oversees, helps plan, and further develops ECT’s educational programming, both within ECT and in collaboration with other community members and organizations.
- Contracts all productions with the various licensing houses, and keeps the executive director informed on these contracts.
- Works with the executive director and staff to create the annual budget.
- Is a visible spokesperson for Elkhart Civic Theatre and its mission.
- Any other duties as assigned by the executive committee, executive director and/or board of directors
Successful candidate will have a track record of success, 2-5 years of experience, and a positive attitude toward working an all-volunteer environment.
Candidates should electronically submit a résumé/CV plus any portfolio or supplements information to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Further information about Elkhart Civic Theatre is at www.elkhartcivictheatre.org.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: artistic director, development, director, and theatre. States: Indiana.
Please Share the Artistic Director for Community Theatre job: