Part-Time Art Portfolio Instructor
Open Position: Art Portfolio Instructor
Oogie Art is hiring! We are looking for energetic, passionate, and committed artists and designers to join the team at Oogie Art!
As an Art Portfolio Instructor, you are at the heart of Oogie Art’s mission to give each student the individualized guidance to realize their creative vision! You will be overseeing the studio during class hours, and assisting students in completing their artworks and brainstorming with them to develop ideas for new projects. Working directly with students, their parents, the directors, and the Principal, you will help develop an individualized curriculum for each student based on their technical skills, goals, and time horizon.
Salary: Very competitive hourly rate, commensurate with experience.
- Maintenance of studio (light cleaning and disposal of trash) during shift
- Teach students in a variety of media (painting, drawing, sculpture, mixed media – not computer art, architecture, or photography) on the designated teaching days
- Upload attendance and students’ progress at the end of every class using our school’s online forum.
- Light administrative work (Accept, and provide receipts, for school tuition payments; Be the first point of contact for both prospective and current students and their families, and be a liason between them and the director.
- B.A. or B.F.A in Fine Art, Studio Art, or relevant experience; MFA preferred
- Professional, practicing artist or designer (portfolio required)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills essential
- Prior teaching experience with kids 6-12 a plus
- Must be able to commute independently
- Knowledge of art college admissions, application requirements, and notable art competitions a plus (all successful teachers will be given a fact sheet)
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, a link to a website, or up to 10 images of your works (in an email attachment not to exceed 10MB), a cover letter detailing your teaching experience, your five-year plan, and reasons for applying to this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or faxes please – applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
We will contact successful applicants for an in-person interview within two weeks of the successful receipt of your application materials.
Oogie Art is one of the nation’s first, largest, and most successful art and design portfolio preparatory schools, with locations in New York, Massachusetts, Shanghai. Oogie Art is distinguishes itself from other after school art programs in that our school’s mission is to nurture creative youths to not only be artists, but scholars as well. To that end, our students are immersed in a studio where art practice, art history, theory, and critiques are all integrated into an individualized curriculum.
Oogie Art, and the success of our programs, has been honored on the regional and national levels by organizations and persons such as: former NYC major Michael Bloomberg; former First Lady Laura Bush; The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers/The Scholastic Art & Writings Awards; The National YoungARTs foundation; Richard P. Millis, the NY Commissioner of Education; and Jerrold Nadler, US Congress Member.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: artist, arts, arts education, communication, designer, and teaching. States: Massachusetts.
Please Share the Art Portfolio Instructor job: