Full-Time Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The Administrative Assistant, Human Resources is responsible for providing a wide variety of
administrative support services for the Chief Resource Officer and the Human Resources team.
This includes matters pertaining to:
(1) processing of employment forms;
(2) recruitment and staffing support,
(3) timesheet administration;
(4) parking notifications;
(5) information tracking and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience exercising independent judgement and action when dealing with staff, management, faculty, Fellows and external contacts on a variety of matters, and must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in the performance of all duties.
• Act as a primary liaison for routine HR matters and answer a variety of employment related queries and other related questions verbally or in writing; refer more detailed requests regarding HR processes and procedures to the appropriate HR team member.
• Provide all core administrative functions to the Chief Resource Officer and the HR Department;
answer HR Department phones and route to the appropriate person.
• Manage the schedules of the Chief Resource Officer and the HR team, including maintaining department master calendar.
• Support recruitment and selection efforts by processing staffing requests, posting open positions, coordinating resume sourcing, creating recruitment files, tracking applicants and scheduling candidate interviews; create a tracking file and complete all employment verifications.
• Intake and process all New Hire Paperwork, ensuring documents are appropriately tracked and accurate; assist with the New Hire Orientation by preparing Employee Handbooks and/or Benefits Packets for all new hires.
• Coordinate with the IT team on the creation or deactivation of email accounts, phone extensions, etc. for all new and outgoing employees.
• Review and verify staffing data with payroll for all types of changes in employment status.
• Liaise with the Payroll department with respect to employees’ status changes and leave of absence to facilitate correct payroll processing.
• Process employee resignations and schedule exit interviews with the appropriate HR team member.
• Provide logistical support for the Employee Performance Review (EPR) process, which includes the receipt and tracking of EPRs and job descriptions.
• Generate and prepare complex documents, update staffing list and maintain personnel data, including reports, confidential correspondence and AFI Organizational Charts in a timely manner as necessary.
• Generate, produce and distribute various company forms ensuring accuracy and timeliness; proactively update and maintain the AFI Intranet and the HR Department forms inventory, including benefit collateral material.
• In collaboration with the Manager, General Administration, maintain, update and distribute the personnel directory, benefits contact sheets and various company materials in a timely manner.
• In collaboration with the Manager, General Administration, maintain department filing system,
ensuring a high degree of accuracy and organization.
• In collaboration with the Manager, General Administration, reconcile expenses ensuring
accuracy and alignment with budget.
• Assist the Manager, Benefits Administration with processing Workers’ Compensation, disability
and unemployment claims.
• Distribute bi-weekly timecard email reminders for the Los Angeles, Maryland and DC offices.
• Provide relief coverage for the Campus Information Officer (Switchboard Operator) and
Assistant to the President & CEO as needed.
• Assist the Manager, General Administration with the ordering of HR Department supplies.
• Compile information and generate reports as requested.
• Performs other duties and assignments as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business-related field, required.
• Minimum two to three years strong Administrative Assistant experience supporting a busy, multiperson department; prior experience in a Human Resources department, with a working knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles, highly desirable.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently while being an integral member of a fast-paced, high-functioning, results oriented team; ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong diplomacy skills and consistent professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); comfortable working in an IOS-based (Mac computer) environment.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Ability to negotiate challenging situations and personalities with a professional and positive attitude.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the film and television community is a plus.
The Administrative Assistant, Human Resources performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Manager, General Administration.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration for positions, please send resumes to:
American Film Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2021 North Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027-1657
Cover letter and resume may be submitted via email to hrinfo@AFI.comJob Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, assistant, education, film, human resources, and recruitment. States: California.
Please Share the Administrative Assistant job: