Full-Time Job Managing Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Artist’s Laboratory Theatre seeks a full time Managing Director to oversee day to day operations and help direct long term planning.
Salary for this position is between $50k-$65k, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits. A stipend for moving expenses is also provided.
The position starts January 2nd, 2018.
The Managing Director reports to the Board of Directors and works in partnership with the Artistic Director.
Candidates should have a relevant bachelors or masters degree and between 3-5 years minimum experience working in a managerial role for an arts related non-profit. A high level of experience in personnel management, strategic planning, and finance are required. Experience with theatre organizations, fundraising, board development, and marketing are desirable. Applicants should have strong leadership, written/verbal communication, and organizational skills. In addition, candidates should be highly familiar with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office. Most of all, candidates should have a passion for community focused arts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Managing and executing day to day administrative operations.
– Overseeing and management of Marketing, Development, Outreach, and Production department staff.
– Ensuring the organizational and financial stability and health of the company.
– Maintenance and reporting of all company finances including taxes, payroll, and accounting.
– Hiring and contracting all employees of the company.
– Working closely with the artistic director on strategic and season planning.
– Creating and maintaining company policy and procedures.
– Being primary liaison to the board of directors and overseeing board training, development, and recruitment.
– Conducting a yearly review of all departments and staff with the Artistic Director.
– Being a public advocate for the theatre helping to advance relationships with community members/partners, professional organizations, government entities, advocacy groups, the press, and potential funders.
– Assisting and providing support for fundraising activities including grants, individual donation, sponsorships, and special events. As well as identifying new sources of earned and contributed income.
The Artist’s Laboratory Theatre is a community-centric, site-specific theatre in Fayetteville, AR dedicated to expanding the audience’s role in live theatre. We stage original, handcrafted performances in surprising places that include our audiences in novel ways. From collaborating with community groups in our writing process to engaging through interactive experiences during a live immersive performance, we aim to make our work a meaningful exchange with our community.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, three references, and resume to Joseph Fletcher at email@example.com
The Artist’s Laboratory Theatre is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally inclusive and compassionate community of artists and leaders committed to using theatre to organize under served and underrepresented peoples. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Preliminary phone interviews will be conducted through the month of November with the Artistic Director and Interim-Managing Director. A secondary phone interview may be scheduled with members of the executive committee. A final in person interview may be required in early December.
|• Job Title:||Managing Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||The Artist’s Laboratory Theatre|
|• Location:||Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States|