Full-Time Job Lecturer in Dance
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
LECTURER IN DANCE
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Committee on Degrees in Theater, Dance, and Media
The Committee on Degrees in Theater, Dance, and Media seeks applications for a lecturer in Dance. The appointment is expected to begin on August 1, 2016. Responsibilities include:
• Teaching dance in such techniques as: African, choreography, contact improvisation, contemporary, Dance Ability (certified), Gaga (certified), hip hop, improvisation, somatic practices.
• Teaching other dance courses, which could also include interdisciplinary courses in subjects that intersect with dance, such as anthropology, architecture, applied science, art history & criticism, design, digital media, gender & sexuality, history, social movements or theater.
• Choreographing for dance productions.
• Advising students in Theater, Dance, and Media, including thesis advisement and evaluation.
The position is for three years, with the second two years contingent on a satisfactory performance review during the first year.
Dance Studies in the Theater, Dance & Media Concentration
Dance studies in Theater, Dance & Media at Harvard are rooted in tradition and committed to innovation. Courses support studies in dance composition, improvisation, performance, choreographic design, and history of dance, with an emphasis on collaboration and trans-disciplinary inquiry. Opportunities to perform wide-ranging repertory, commissioned work, and installations are a focal component of coursework, and digital technology is leveraged to devise new methods for making and capturing the form. Guest artist faculty teach master classes, courses, hold residencies and create original work each academic year, fostering exceptional opportunities for students to work with luminaries and innovators who engage diverse and dynamic perspectives in the field and in disciplines linked to dance.
faculty, instructor, Dance; Theater, Dance, and Media; dance technique
Boston, Cambridge, Massachusetts, MA, Northeast, New England,
Fields: dance, theater, dance technique, dance history, dance anthropology, choreography, physical movement, interarts.
Basic Qualifications: MFA or other higher degree in Dance and/or significant professional experience required by the time the appointment begins.
Additional Qualifications: Demonstrated excellence in teaching is desired.
Special Instructions: Please submit the following materials through the ARIeS portal (https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/6838). Applications must be submitted no later than March 30, 2016.
1 Cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Statement of Teaching Philosophy
4. Proposed Course Description
5. Names and contact information of three to five references (three letters of recommendation are required, and the application is complete only when all three letters have been submitted. Due April 6, 2016)
Harvard is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|• Job Title:||Lecturer in Dance|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Harvard University|
|• Location:||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|