Full-Time Gallery Manager
This position has primary responsibility for the successful and efficient operation of the gallery and the management of the staff. These comprehensive duties include human resources, events management, accounting and expense oversight, and overall gallery leadership in accordance with the priorities of the President. As such this position is business focused and has both administrative and management responsibilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Comprehensive operational responsibility of the gallery, to include gallery logistics, staff oversight, events and projects management.
• Oversee all human resources responsibilities including staff management, performance-based reviews, development and retention of talent, and health insurance management.
• Act as primary point of contact for gallery health insurance broker and fine art and property insurance broker.
• Work in collaboration with part-time bookkeeper on all aspects of finance and accounting.
• Work in collaboration with President, Gallery Directors, and Director of Exhibitions on the efficient project management of gallery exhibitions.
• Oversee events at the gallery including public openings and artist dinners, hosted events for visiting museum groups, and other exhibition-related events.
• Assist President and Gallery Directors with artist and client relations.
• Assist with art fair management.
• Oversee weekly staff meetings.
• Supervise IT infrastructure and maintenance.
• Attend after-hours events at the gallery and externally related to the program and its growth.
Desired Skills & Experience
• B.A. required (M.A. or MBA preferred)
• 5+ years experience in a gallery, museum, or similar business environment
• Knowledge of contemporary art and gallery artists
• Computer literacy and database experience (previous knowledge of ArtBase system strongly preferred)
• Experience managing staff members in multiple departments and roles
• Strong budgeting skills and past finance experience
• Strong planning and organization skills
• Strong professional ethics, discretion and confidentiality, and sound judgment
• Experience in supervising complex projects and exhibitions
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
The desired candidate will be an enthusiastic and hands-on person who enjoys working in a creative environment.
This is a full-time salaried position. Compensation, including benefits, is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Please email cover letter (in body of email) with resume and references attached as one pdf and ‘Gallery Manager’ as the email subject heading to firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art gallery, management, and manager. States: California.
Please Share the Gallery Manager job: