Full-Time Zocalo Events Coordinator-CA Based
• Arizona State University
• Zocalo Public Square
• Off-Campus: Other US Locations
Zócalo Events Coordinator – CA Based
Zócalo Public Square is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic, full-time Events Coordinator to join Zócalo’s team in LA. Zócalo is a unit of ASU Media Enterprises.
Candidate will work in an upbeat, fast-paced, collaborative setting producing events on a variety of topics. Live in-person events average 150-225 people. Live-stream events have been between 350-500 people online. Panel sizes range from 2 to 6 guests. This person will also handle private salons, board/trustee events and special features, when those formats are again viable. Coordinator will work with a wide variety of Zócalo community partners (museums, foundations, universities), programming and editorial staff, and development/fundraising team.
Successful candidates will be collaborative, tech savvy, dedicated self-starters, detail oriented, with knowledge and interest in the arts, culture, current events. Must be able to work well under pressure in an entrepreneurial setting. Candidates should possess excellent interpersonal and writing skills and be highly organized. The job requires a strong multi-tasker with enthusiasm, excellent communication skills, and ability to manage several projects in different stages of development.
Candidates should have 2+ years of extensive hands-on event producing experience; knowledge of technical production (for live in-person and live-stream events), marketing, event logistics, partnership contracts, sponsorship, social media, and stewardship of partners.
This position requires a flexible schedule as events are held on evenings, occasional weekends and occasionally in other cities.
**THIS POSITION IS BASED IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA**
$55,000 – $60,000 per year; DOE
- Produce events from concept to completion including: plan event logistics after concept approval, management and oversight of the entire event, contribute towards partnership agreements, marketing plans, event budgets, venue contracts, create, schedules, wrap packs, etc.
- Contribute towards event marketing and promotions strategies to build an audience, deepen engagement and build Zócalo’s events brand and reach.
- Coordinate and execute marketing plans and deadlines
- Experience with promotional outreach, press releases, media kits and more
- Have an appreciation of Zócalo’s community and brand sensibilities
- Handle panelist and special guest travel, transport and hospitality (as needed)
- Work well with a wide variety of staff and volunteers; coordinate between internal departments and areas
- Be responsible for on-site event logistics in Los Angeles and any locations events are held in
- Serve as liaison between Zócalo and cultural partners
- Write, edit and post web, invitation and e-mail copy
- Assist with managing Eventbrite, Constant Contact and guest lists
- Assist with managing RSVPs, guest lists
- Assist with managing volunteers, volunteer cultivation and appreciation activities
- Manage on-line events and marketing calendar
- Report to Executive Director on events, and work collaboratively in a team setting
- Manage budgets, work closely with accounting team at Arizona State University
- Manage invoices, credit card receipts, accounts payable
- Handle some office administration tasks
- Perform other projects as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- 3+ years of extensive hands-on event producing experience
- Knowledge of technical production (for live in-person and live-stream events), marketing, event logistics, partnership contracts, sponsorship, social media, and stewardship of partners.
- 3+ years’ experience collaborating on, advancing and producing large community, size and intimate events
- Experience with digital broadcasting execution (live streaming, podcasts)
- Experience in event production
- Evidence of effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and able to work under tight deadlines
- Experience in using multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop and other digital marketing tools a plus
- Candidate should be able to communicate with high-profile individuals, well-known academics, and political figures.couniver
- This position requires a flexible schedule as events are held on evenings, occasional weekends and occasionally in other cities.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
Zócalo Public Square is an ASU Knowledge Enterprise. We syndicate our journalism to 290 media outlets worldwide and have hosted more than 600 events in 33 cities in the U.S and beyond, including New York, Washington D.C., Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, Shanghai, Guadalajara, London, and Berlin.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf.
You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, marketing, production, and university. States: California.
Please Share the Zocalo Events Coordinator-CA Based job: