Contract Visual Arts Instructor
The Orange County Children’s Therapeutic Arts Center, OCCTAC, located in the city of Santa Ana California is looking for teaching artists.
In partnership with the Santa Ana Unified School District, we teach visual arts to elementary and intermediate school students as part of their Extended Learning Program.
We are looking for teaching artists with experience in working with children to teach VAPA standards.
• Provide instruction for primary and intermediate school students on public school campuses.
• Nurture and maintain professional and positive relationships with district staff.
• Strong classroom management skills is key.
• Be accountable for paperwork as required by program administration.
• Organize all materials for each lesson ahead of time and transport all materials to and from school.
• Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence when communicating with both students and adults.
• To attend monthly Professional Development sessions.
• Adjust lesson plans to serve different learning abilities.
• Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively within a team as well as independently.
• Maintain a positive ‘can do’ attitude; be proactive, flexible, and show initiative with projects, planning, and all activities related to this position
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree in education, art.
• Have an active artistic practice.
• Have experience implementing arts-based curriculum to children in a structured learning environment (K-5 especially).
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Be comfortable using basic office computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Apps.
• Spanish speaker is a plus.
• Must have a car to travel to and from office site and various school sites.
• Must be able to pass a LiveScan and provide results from a TB test.
• 2 years minimum experience in teaching arts to children.
• Familiarity with the VAPA and Common Core Standards for education.
• Experience working with at-risk and underserved youth.
• Work well with public and staff
• Have a commitment to diversity and proven ability to work effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds.
• Have a current California Driver’s license.
• Be able to effectively manage multiple complex functions and achieve goals and objectives.
• Be able to work independently, under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes.
• Positive attitude, flexibility and problem solving mentality.
Substitute teacher on an as-needed basis, with the possibility to turn into a full week Lead Artist position for the right person.
$18-$22+ per hour, DOE
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter and direct all questions to:
Carlos Beltran Arechiga at: email@example.comJob Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Contract. Job Tags: artist, arts, Instructor, teacher, and teaching artist. States: California.
Please Share the Visual Arts Instructor job: