Theatre Program Director
- JOB TITLE: Program Director
- PROGRAM: Theatre
- SCHOOL: Humanities & the Arts
- SUPERVISOR: Dean, School of Humanities & the Arts
The Program Director for the Theatre program is a full-time, tenure track faculty position responsible for the overall management of the program and its faculty, staff and programs, as well as recruitment and oversight of quality preparation, instruction, and learning outcomes related to the Theatre curriculum and degree programs.
This is a fully on campus position.
Salary Range for Full Time Faculty Positions is generally: $65,000 – $85,000 annual. Individual pay is determined by a number of factors including relevant education and training, academic and related experience, high demand disciplines, location, internal equity and job-related skills.
Position opening 2023-2024, pending available funding.
The Theatre department at William Jessup University operates as an undergraduate academic program and pre-professional repertory theatre. Students are educated to fulfill an array of multiple critical roles, working alongside a team of professional designers and professors.
● Support and oversee the mission, goals, and objectives of the Theatre program
● Articulate the nature and purpose of the arts from a biblical/mission perspective
● Integrate Theatre programs and curriculum with plans and goals of the School and Jessup
● Develop, teach, and design courses within the Theatre program for a variety of modalities, as needed
● Direct and/or Choreograph at least 1 show per year
● Hire and manage all adjunct faculty, seasonal staff, and student workers
● Manage program and show budgets and funding opportunities
● Provide student curricular and career advising and oversee general advising within the program
● Interface with institutional and academic councils and committees for policy and programmatic priorities as requested
● Communicate quarterly and when needed with the Theatre Advisory Board
● Collaborate with other faculty and staff both within and outside of the Theatre program for curricular development, programming, and outreach
● Serve in a direct or advisory role for various internal and external committees and boards in support of the Theatre program and/or Jessup
● Remain current on latest developments of the discipline and oversee related research and other initiatives for the Theatre program
● Represent the program to internal and external collegiate and professional communities
● Develop and maintain relationships with professionals in the performing arts
Terminal degree in theatre
● Ten or more years of professional experience in directing, choreographing, and acting and/or in related fields within the degree concentrations.
● At least three years of college teaching experience, or comparable professional experience
● Highly collegial
● Experience with outreach, media, and events preferred
● Subscribe to the statement of faith and sign Community Covenant for William Jessup University
● Teaching experience at the college level
● Effective policy, management, and communication skills with demonstrated leadership capacity and achievements
● Sound Christian testimony with an ability to integrate faith and learning
The employee agrees to promote the values and mission of Jessup as a private Christ-centered University and live a life consistent with biblical principles. The employee shall conduct himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Community Covenant and Statement of Faith
Employee’s performance shall be assessed, in part, by meaningful progress in their Biblical spiritual formation role. This includes leading class devotions, leading a SFG (Spiritual Formation Group), or performing other duties consistent with Biblical spiritual formation. The employee shall document their Biblical spiritual formation roles in partial fulfilment of the University Service requirements in their professional development and tenure evaluation processes.
The employee is regularly in a typical office environment with adequate light and moderate noise levels. No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. Air conditioned buildings; tile, concrete and carpeted floors.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle files, computers, and phones; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. Frequent and regular repetitive movements required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements and job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed within this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and tasks. Other similar or additional duties are to be performed or assigned. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. William Jessup University maintains its status as an at-will employer.
Apply online: jessup.edu/about/employment/
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, faculty, management, programming, recruitment, technical theatre, theatre, and university. States: California.
Please Share the Theatre Program Director job: