Theater Production Specialist
Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts, located on the UConn campus in Storrs, CT, seeks an outstanding individual for the position of Theater Production Specialist.
This position works under the direction of the Director of the Jorgensen Center or a designated supervisor and performs duties related to the technical preparations and operation of sophisticated production systems for events taking place on the Jorgensen stage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Theater Production Specialist will:
- Coordinate preparations for scheduled events such as performances and rehearsal spaces, production schedules, calendars, and budgets.
- Serve as primary on-site contact for local and visiting technical personnel concerning the proper use of facilities and equipment.
- Work as production technician with visiting groups as necessary, including the installation and operation of stage lighting, operation of the state-of-the-art sound system, digital video systems, as well as stage management.
- Participate in the design and implementation of building system renovations. Assists with facility maintenance.
- Purchase materials for productions. Monitors the condition of equipment and production systems.
- Assure compliance with federal, state, and University regulations and codes governing the safety of occupants in a public performance venue.
- Perform related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical theater or a related field, or equivalent training.
- Three years of related experience working with professional performing artists/entertainers from a broad range of artistic disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applications of theatrical equipment including rigging, stage lighting, state-of-the-art sound systems, and digital video systems.
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours.
- Demonstrated experience with stage lighting design, implementation, and programming of the lighting board.
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of video production and editing.
- Experience using DaVinci Resolve.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496446 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 30, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at portal.ct.gov/ethics
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, performing arts, production, technical theatre, and theatre. States: Connecticut.
Please Share the Theater Production Specialist job: