Freelance Video Technician
The Juilliard School’s Electrics Shop is seeking individual to work on various productions and events throughout the year.
The responsibilities will vary per project from Lead Video Technician to basic programing of a Q-lab cue stack.
The opportunity is a per project position.
- Will work with the Electrics Shop Supervisor determining appropriate projection and computer playback needs
- Will work with Projection Designers as necessary on an event or production.
- Video load-ins and projection focus calls as well as crew support.
- Programing may involve WatchOut, Q-Lab and/or PowerPoint.
- Insures that video equipment is properly and safely hung and focused for productions and events.
- Previous experience as a video technician in a professional venue.
- Proficient knowledge of video playback systems, projectors and lenses.
- Ability to work as a team player and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to follow instruction and work independently.
- Able to 50lbs
- Computer literacy including programs such as WatchOut and Q-Lab.
- Photoshop and iMovie proficiency is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in a multi-purpose performance space preferred.
- Experience on opera, drama, and dance productions a plus.
Job # 427
# of Openings: 1
The Juilliard School’s mission is to provide the highest caliber of artistic education for gifted musicians, dancers, and actors from around the world so that they may achieve their fullest potential as artists, leaders, and global citizens. Located at Lincoln Center in New York City, Juilliard offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in dance, drama (acting and playwriting), and music (classical, jazz, historical performance, and vocal arts). Currently more than 800 artists from 40 states and 38 countries and regions are enrolled at Juilliard, where they appear in over 700 annual performances in the school’s five theaters; at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully and David Geffen halls and at Carnegie Hall; as well as at other venues around New York City, the country, and the world. Beyond its New York campus, Juilliard is defining new directions in global performing arts education for a range of learners and enthusiasts through The Tianjin Juilliard School and K-12 educational curricula.
The Juilliard School is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and working environment. Therefore, employment with Juilliard is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, music, school, and video. States: New York.
Please Share the Freelance Video Technician job: