Studio / Archival Assistant
Hotwire Productions→ San Francisco, California, United States
Studio / Archival Assistant wanted at Private Artist’s Studio space in SF
• Part time (10-15 hours/week), flexible hours
We are looking for a qualified candidate to assist in the operations of a studio which houses 3,500 multimedia art works in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco.
The ideal candidate will be familiar and enthusiastic about an art world job and have knowledge of the contemporary art world. They will work with the artist and other assistants to maintain an efficient and well run studio and help the artist manage many ongoing and forthcoming projects.
Desired qualities: self-starter, team oriented, highly organized & efficient, detail oriented, dependable, and creative. Able to work alone. Registrarial experience, art handling and artwork production experience a plus. Basic graphic design, social media and web skills essential.
- Maintain archive library of over 3,500 artworks, keeping the art work locations current and accurate in the database.
- Creating best practices for artwork inbooking, tracking editions and listing artwork records accurately.
- Organize and maintain artwork storage
- General office tasks, filing, research, sourcing material
- Facilitate communication between local craftsmen, vendors, & digital programmers for new projects
- Overseeing packing and shipping all works going to exhibitions and making condition reports and safely storing all work returning from exhibitions.
- Responsible for production of new works, mounting and framing, and working with fabricators and programmers.
- Correspond with galleries and museums internationally to organize exhibitions and loans.
- Oversee the fabrication of new media works and maintain an accurate record of their assembly/exhibition details.
- Web design, social media and graphic design.
- Maintaining updated record of sales for works.
- Background in art
- Familiarity with digital library programs such as Art Logic, as well as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.
- Familiarity with website editing through WordPress and the maintenance of other online accounts.
- Knowledge of art handling and safe art storage.
- Ownership of a car is a plus.
- Patient and calm demeanor in high pressure situations
- Neat, careful and clean
- Able to track project details and keep lists of what is going where and foresee future projects coming the down the line.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
San Francisco, California, United States
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: art handler, arts, assistant, design, graphic design, library, and social media. States: California.