Stage Manager – Substitute
• Position Title: Stage Manager Substitute
• Pay Status: Non-Exempt
• Job Status: Part-time
• Reports To: Stage Manager
• Employer TZZ LLC
• Start Date: Oct. 2022
• Rate: $25-$32 DOE
The Stage Manager Sub provides leadership and oversight for all show operations when the Stage Manager is not present. They will call all cues for sound, lights, music, prop moves and winch operation. They work with the Restaurant Manager on emergency procedures between the show and restaurant. They work collaboratively with production, creative and technical teams in realizing the artistic vision for Teatro ZinZanni through clear documentation and communication. This is a high paced and complicated show.
Teatro ZinZanni presents a full evening of entertainment, combining cirque artists, European cabaret, contortionists, jugglers and illusionists with live music and a gourmet multi-course meal.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for maintaining the artistic integrity of the show set by the directors and Stage Manager
- Able to call the show cueing to lights, sound, aerial, and music.
- Adheres to running order and makes changes with SM when needed
- Works with the BSM as the liaison between Restaurant, Cast, Band, Production Staff
- Provide leadership and management for the Cast, Band, and Crew in regard to show related issues when SM is out.
- Calls the show, cuing lights and sound fully and prop changes when needed
- During the calling of the show SM may run a few controls for scenery items and the flying winch when dictated by the show
- Manages artist technical needs and requirements throughout the run of the show
- Checks in with the staff and cast after each show for any notes or technical issues that arise during the show
- Creates and distributes nightly show reports and timing to staff, crew and cast
- Keeps everyone on schedule for rehearsals and warm ups on show nights
- With Restaurant Managers, responsible for securing building at night
Essential minimum skills, education, and experience:
- 4 years of Stage Management experience, preferably across multi disciplines (opera, dance, theatre, musical theatre, concerts, circus…)
- Familiarity with theatre, circus, music, and dance terminology and vocabulary
- Ability to stage manage a complicated, highly technical show
- Creative problem-solving skills, and team and consensus-building skills
- Honesty, integrity, a strong work ethic, good follow-through, and a sense of humor
- Able to think under pressure while maintaining a calm order and timeliness
- Ability to review technical drawings and specifications
- Excellent eye for detail
- Overall knowledge of technical production including, but not limited to, electrics, audio, rigging, and stage mechanics
- Able to supervise production staff who has a working history with Teatro ZinZanni
- Ability to articulate and communicate problems clearly and diplomatically in writing and in person
- Computer knowledge with Mac operating software and the Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Adaptable, effective and sensitive working with artists of different cultures
Works in a performance environment. Position deals directly with the cast, and restaurant staff and customers. Stage Manager Sub operates as scheduled by the SM.
Basic workday is: 3pm to 11:00pm when needed with some flexibility for added or subtracted performance or work calls. Matinee calls are typically 9:30am to 3:30pm.
This position will work with the team during the rehearsal process and will sub into the position on are regular basis throughout the run.
Must be able to lift 40lbs, be able to see in low light circumstances.
TZZ LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER DEDICATED TO A POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION IN EMPLOYMENT (INCLUDING APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT) ON ANY BASIS INCLUDING RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, CITIZENSHIP, SEX, AGE, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION, PREGNANCY, VETERAN OR MILITARY STATUS, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL LAW.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to:
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: management, PDX, performing arts, Portland, SM, stage manager, and Sub. States: Washington.
Please Share the Stage Manager – Substitute job: