Sound Operator Substitute
• Position Title: Sound Operator Substitute
• Pay Status: Non-Exempt
• Job Status: Part–time
• Reports To: Sound Supervisor
• Employer: TZZ LLC
• Start Date: 10/12/2022
• Rate: $30hr- $38 DOE
The Soundboard Operator Sub is responsible for the sound operation of Teatro ZinZanni’s two and ½ hour live dining experience when the Sound Operator is not running the show. The Soundboard Operator Sub provides sound for band and performers. Must be able to operate a fast moving live show with lots of cues comfortably. This position is responsible for the care and maintenance of the sound equipment and band equipment while working.
Teatro ZinZanni presents a full evening of entertainment, combining cirque artists, European cabaret, contortionists, jugglers and illusionists with live music and a gourmet multi-course meal.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operates the sound console for specific shows, as decided by the SM and Sound Board Operator
- Work with SM and Sound Board Operator on sound related needs
- Keep gear in working order ensuring that all equipment is working at the highest level
- Continually review and listen for sound quality throughout the tent, adjusting speakers and equipment as needed.
- Able to work with sound designers
- Will assist the Sound Board Operator on quality control, regular maintenance and repair of sound equipment
- Prepare microphones and sound system for rehearsals as requested
- Archive audio files on server
General Sound Operations
- Attend production meetings and other meetings as needed
- Responsible for lobby sound, backstage and dressing room systems and maintenance during operation
- Interacts with the band on all sound needs
- Promotes positive team atmosphere onsite
- Coordinates maintenance notes with the Sound Board Operator
- Shut down and secure the sound system upon nightly departure
- Keep the sound booth clean and organized during shifts
- Maintain sound storage areas during shifts
- Familiar with Yamaha board operations as well as other digital consoles
- Must perform in a professional manner at all times, maintaining a positive attitude and providing positive “public relations”
- Accountable. Able to be present and on time for meetings, rehearsal and show calls.
- Able to provide timely completion of duties and meet deadlines. Able to issue requests for assistance when appropriate
- Able to work and communicate well with all types of staff utilizing voice mail, email, computers, copiers, and proper use of memos and other office communications.
- Completely tech savvy in all sound operations
- Able to work well under pressure while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Able to maintain confidences
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Respectful of the rights of others
Essential minimum skills, education, and experience:
- 3 years professional live sound experience
- Experience mixing complicated live shows
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communicator, comfortable with working with the band and PSM on any problems that arise
- Past experience using lavalier microphones for a group of at least 12
- Calm presence
- Works well collaborating with people
- Ability to lead others
- Excellent ear for detail
- Knowledge of technical production
- Ability to articulate and communicate problems
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
NOTES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Required to provide and wear dress blacks for all working calls as determined by management.
Works in a performance environment. Position deals directly with the cast, band, and restaurant staff and customers. The Soundboard Operator Sub runs shows as needed and will be a part of the load in team. The SM, in collaboration with Sound Operator, organizes schedule. Must be able to lift 40lbs and be on a ladder comfortably.
Call times are:
Wednesday-Sunday evening: 3:00p -11:00p
Matinee Performances: 9:30a-3:30pm
Employee should arrive 15 minutes prior to any scheduled meeting/work call.
TZZ LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment (including application for employment) on any basis including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by Local, State, and Federal Law.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to:
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: audio, entertainment, performing arts, Portland, and sound. States: Washington.
Please Share the Sound Operator Substitute job: