School and Community Program Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Salary: $60,000 with a generous benefits package including unlimited PTO
Customary Work Hours: Full-time at 40 hours per week
Customary Work Days: Monday-Friday, one Saturday per month with periodic weekends/evenings for meetings and events.
Destiny Arts Center (DAC) is seeking a full-time School and Community Program Coordinator to join a collegial community of talented professionals dedicated to the power of the arts to transform the lives of young people, families, and communities.
Destiny Arts Center’s mission is to inspire and ignite social change through the arts. For 35 years, Destiny has been committed to supporting young people as they develop their skills as artists, global citizens, and advocates for peace in their communities and beyond. Supported by our peaceful Warrior’s Code of values (love, honor, respect, responsibility, and peace), DAC artists establish a classroom culture of welcome to support youth’s sense of safety, value, and interpersonal connection. As a result, young people live peaceful, connected, and creative lives. Since its inception, DAC has worked to co-create a culture that de-centers dominant social narratives and uses hip hop dance, traditional African dance, and martial arts programs to center the traditions, resources, and creativity of queer and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC). We have seen that as youth connect to their own stories and that of their communities, they broaden their awareness of social issues, and many have gained tools for arts-based civic action.
DAC offers sliding scale after-school, weekend, and summer programs at our North Oakland arts center. Our work focuses on creating safe and inclusive spaces for creative expression: welcoming and caring for every young person who joins us, providing opportunities to learn, grow, heal, and use movement arts to forge meaningful transformation in our young people and collectively in our communities.
The S&C Program Coordinator will be an essential member of the DAC school and community program team and will report to the Senior Program Manager. The School and Community Program Coordinator will work in dynamic collaboration with all the directors at DAC (Executive Director, Program Director, Development Director, and Grants Director) as well as the Arts Center Manager, Teaching Artist Mentors, and Teaching Artists, when appropriate.
The S&C Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the school and community program’s artistic quality and relevance (related to mission, vision, values, and beliefs) in our school and community-based arts programs. This role is also responsible for communicating the depth of Destiny programming to current and potential partnering sites.
All Destiny Arts Center team members are ambassadors of Destiny’s mission, vision, values, and beliefs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT/DATABASE MANAGEMENT
- Support Senior Program Manager in creating and maintaining tracking systems and spreadsheets
- Ensure that school partners are staying up to date with attendance and sharing attendance/tracking information with Destiny
- Invoice school/community partners, track invoice collection and enter into quickbooks
- Assist with student enrollment, fee collection, membership information, and all related program records and accounts.
- Coordinate gathering and inputting data for grant tracking and reports, i.e., demographic data and attendance logs
- Assist with general coordination of student & parent/guardian survey administration, collection, and data entry
- Gather feedback from classes and synthesize it into usable data for stakeholders
- Help to ensure regular schedules and program data are up to date for S&C programs.
- Train in Payroll administration and Quickbooks to provide backup support when needed
- Assist with on-boarding Teaching artists to partnering sites
- Coordinate artist residencies, workshops, and substitution days with site coordinators
- Participate in pre-residency meetings before the start of all residences and check in regularly with community partners to ensure continuity of program goals
- Support reporting and invoice tracking systems and calendars
- Update program information, such as attendance, impact, and feedback on the program
- Assist with grant reporting as necessary, including narrative writing, gathering
attendance data and additional information
- Administer youth and partner surveys at partner sites
- Document S&C programs through photos and video and/or collect through Teaching Artists
GENERAL PROGRAM SUPPORT
- Enforce program policies and guidelines with Destiny school and community partners
- Prep and maintain program spaces when needed
- Assist with volunteer management as needed
- Assist and support teaching artists as needed
- Support regular communication with stakeholders: Teaching artists, Staff, S&C partners, and funders
- Support professional development sessions for Destiny teaching artists
- Work with the program team to create a professional development calendar for Destiny teaching artists
- If time allows, support Camp Destiny at center and community sites
- Support all administrative aspects of Destiny annual recitals (Love in Action and Moving for Peace), including obtaining permits and securing materials (i.e. stage, sound equipment)
- Ensure communications/marketing team has necessary information to promote events
- Work closely with Performing Arts Director, Program Managers and Communication Manager to to organize and support annual recitals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2-3 years direct service experience with children, youth, and families
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a variety of tasks
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology, automated systems, and databases
- Deep respect of how movement art is utilized as an intervention
- The ability to practice cultural humility
- Knowledge or willing to learn ASAP, Apricot, City Span Databases, and Quickbooks
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative, prioritize duties and work closely with several departments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to careers firstname.lastname@example.org (include “School & Community Program Coordinator” in the subject line).
Please note we will review applications on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.
Destiny Arts Center does not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal legal system, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts administration, arts center, arts education, community, coordinator, program, and school. States: California.
Please Share the School and Community Program Coordinator job: