TPI is a 35-year-old, live event production company who also specializes in theatrical design and installation. We’ve made our mark by taking exceptional care of people and forging unprecedented levels of trust with our clients. Our design skills and value of engineering are not common in the marketplace and we’re looking to expand that skillset into a new and revolutionary scenic division at this stage in our evolution. We have a small scenic shop that we are looking to expand and turn into a shop for custom scenery, sets for corporate event rentals, and high-end event installations. We are super excited to find the right person to head up this new division.
We are looking for a team player who cares about craftsmanship and who can partner with us to design and build extraordinary things. We want a self-starter who can manage themselves efficiently and prioritize what needs to happen first to execute a timeline with precision. We’re looking for someone who can forecast what materials & labor they’ll need to manage multiple projects on different deadlines. A professional who can work with and lead others to help us stay profitable and build a bigger team when it is time to grow.
- Collaborate with clients, designers, and team members to achieve project goals and deadlines.
- Use a variety of power tools and techniques that include cutting, grinding, sanding, spraying, and brushing.
- Develop master design plans to ensure project precision.
- Work on projects from beginning preparation all the way to its finishing touches.
- Maintain written and verbal documentation to track project progress.
- Operate power tools, including drills, chop & table saws, and handheld grinders.
- Strictly adhere to company policy and safety guidelines
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Must be comfortable with some weekend hours during peak season.
Skills & Knowledge:
- A combination of education and/or hands on experience in a scenic or fabrication roll.
- Strong reading and comprehension skills with effective communication skills.
- CNC Machine Programming
- CAD and/or Vectorworks Experience
- Forklift experience or certification is a plus.
What We Offer:
- Company paid health insurance with voluntary dental & vision.
- Federal holidays off.
- Pay is based off experience and starts at $25/hr.
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to meet you and get to know you better!
Please send your resume, references, and design portfolio to email@example.com.
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: designer, performing arts, production, and scenic design. States: Missouri.